Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Means you do not have to know anything about firearms to work at BATFE.
    I've spent too much time with public affairs officers with federal agencies. Unlike local law enforcement that likes to put someone in uniform in front of the camera, the feds often hire public affairs workers for their degrees in communications or journalism. They can find themselves completely ignorant of the subject matter the agency deals with yet shoved in front of cameras.

I've actually felt sorry for some who where trying to do a good job but got blindsided by technical questions.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've spent too much time with public affairs officers with federal agencies. Unlike local law enforcement that likes to put someone in uniform in front of the camera, the feds often hire public affairs workers for their degrees in communications or journalism. They can find themselves completely ignorant of the subject matter the agency deals with yet shoved in front of cameras.

I've actually felt sorry for some who where trying to do a good job but got blindsided by technical questions.

did you just describe obama?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

I find a hibrid approach the best. Have a panel of experts there as backup to a public affairs worker. Public affairs worker preps the experts for questioning and tries to reign them in from going off too far left field.

I'll never forget this guy. He's great at his job, I'm sure, but it doesn't translate well to the media interview.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Means you do not have to know anything about firearms to work at BATFE.

Unfortunately, true.......

We've had computer programmer from Puerto Rico turned ATF inspector and a Social Worker from Texas Child Protective Services turned ATF inspector in the shop for audits......

Neither had a clue about firearms......the inspectors are not trained on firearms, but focus exclusively the paperwork FFL's must perform.......

We've had one over the years...just one Inspector that knew firearms......Her father is a 07 Manufacturer, Type 02 SOT and a collector....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    12 long guns?

How'd the hell did a biker stash a "long gun"??????

They used a metal detector.........to find buried guns? Who was digging holes? In broad daylight, during a gun fight.....

Wtf

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    12 long guns? How'd the hell did a biker stash a "long gun"??????

In a vehicle. Not all of them arrived on bikes.

They used a metal detector.........to find buried guns? Who was digging holes? In broad daylight, during a gun fight.....

Hidden elsewhere under/in things in the restaurant and nearby, bushes, etc. Metal detectors don't require something be underground.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Knowing channel 25 as I do...

They tend to embellish things and the police give them some out right fantasy stuff.

I'd guess about 35% of what they report is made up crap.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Although there are many CLUBS that have plenty of bad apples, I still cringe when they are called gangs. It puts all bikers in a bad light.

Top Bottom