• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    David Koresh impound *caught fire* and McVeigh set off OKC Federal building bomb, both on April 19th.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I try not to remember the day. Too many bad memories.

On an odd side note, after the OKC bombing all the federal buildings in the country went nuts with security measures. Except OKC. They kept their heads and stayed reasonable. I've been subjected to all kinds of stupid hoops to jump through at other federal facilities all over the country but not at the downtown OKC building. I find that both odd and oddly hopeful.

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Most of the reports I saw mentioned Waco and OKC together. Some mentioned Waco was an inspiration for OKC. Only one I saw mentioned Ruby Ridge.

20 years later the Davidians are still a "Cult" and there was zero mention of the atrocities perpetrated by the ATF and FBI at Waco. Then again none of the broadcasts I saw were still claiming Koresh started the fire. Maybe 500 years from now they'll finally report the story the way they should.

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    The FBI was shooting gas grenades into a wood building with tanks. The grenades burn to create the CS gas but ol' David set the fire.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The FBI was shooting gas grenades into a wood building with tanks. The grenades burn to create the CS gas but ol' David set the fire.

They shouldn't have been there in the first place. Arrest Koresh away from his fortress. They dont teach that in police 101?

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    Don't compare the FBI to police. They didn't coordinate with local law enforcement, only had the news media. To be fair to the FBI, the BATF started that mess. Janet Reno was their boss and Bill Clinton was her boss what did you expect.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    A customer of mine at the time of Waco, was a senior Texas Ranger
    and he was called in to investigate the actions that had occurred there.
    He told me that they found quite a few .308 casings on the ground, outside
    the compound, where the FBI and ATF guys were. So, that proved to him
    the two agencies were lying when they said they never shot at the compound.
    :green: Imagine that!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... that proved to him
    the two agencies were lying when they said they never shot at the compound.
    I believe that the particular controversy you're referencing had to do with timing. ATF never denied shooting during the initial assault, afaik. I would expect to find fired casings outside the compound. There is a question about late in the siege, when the FBI said they weren't shooting but there was evidence to the contrary.

Now, if that Texas Ranger of your acquaintance said he found the .308 casings at static positions used by the HRT snipers, then that would be noteworthy. It wouldn't be particularly surprising, at least to me, but it would be noteworthy.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    He didnt give me the exact location of where he found them, but he did say it was a
    big mess on the FBI and ATF's part. I got from him that he thought they were doing
    a little lying! Uh, he "retired" shortly after he made his report.

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    I Don' t understand your question about proof. On the day of the fire, news videos showed the military tanks from Ft. Hood punching through walls at the compound. The FBI stated it was to insert CS gas. You can research how CS grenades work. The other thing that always bothered me was the fact that within 2 weeks. There was nothing at the site but bare ground. Everything was bulldozed loaded on trucks and hauled away. I am sorry if I can't show documented proof, I watched it on the local news everyday, I live here.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I seen videos of the atf guys blindly firing into the walls with handguns shotguns and rifles. That's a known fact. I believe that's what Ben was talking about. Not asking for proof. Just saying the.obvious doesn't need proof.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Lol . Never mind. I misread. London the proof is in the video of the tank shooting grenades into the building. They use pyrotechnics and will cause fire every time.

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    I have often wondered what I would do if a pickup pulling a cattle trailer loaded with people dressed in black wearing masks and carrying guns pulled up in front of my church.

Top Bottom