Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    WTFudge? When I was in, we handled down time / time off a little differently...

He was happy to discover when he arrived in Iraq earlier this year that his war experience also would include salsa dancing, yoga and martial-arts classes.

has at least partly given way to book clubs, karaoke nights, sports

[URL="http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2009-10-20-idle-troops-iraq_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip"][url]http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2009-10-20-idle-troops-iraq_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip[/URL][/URL]

First and foremost.....this is not meant to take anything away from the lives that have been lost and will be lost in Iraq as well as any other place the USA decides to stick her nose in. But......everytime I see something like this or the thread on this forum about the boy suspended for answering his cell phone during school.....I can't help but get upset. Do these people realize how lucky they are to have loved ones deployed in this day and age of fancy electronic gadgets? My 13 month in Nam would have been much easier to handle had I been able to talk to my family daily by cell phone or e-mail and in most cases can live chat with a web cam. Not to mention the secure Green Area.......anyway just my.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    everytime I see something like this or the thread on this forum about the boy suspended for answering his cell phone during school.....I can't help but get upset.

The kid in school broke the rules, plain and simple in my book.

When I was out in the middle of an ocean and/or thousands of miles from home, I missed my family too. I picked up a book and got through it. I didn't go awol, didn't break any rules, sure as hell didn't get any special treatment.

Yoga, book clubs, salsa are over the line for my taste. I'd like to think this is a MSM attempt at feminizing the troops.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Yoga, book clubs, salsa are over the line for my taste. I'd like to think this is a MSM attempt at feminizing the troops. (From DCortez Post)

+100 on that!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I don't see a problem with it. The more relaxed and unwound the troops are the more they can focus on their duty and job. I would be willing to bet that additional hobbies help to avoid mental issues with vets.

Besides salsa dancing and yoga are great ways to meet smoking hot chicks.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I don't see a problem with it. The more relaxed and unwound the troops are the more they can focus on their duty and job. I would be willing to bet that additional hobbies help to avoid mental issues with vets.

Besides salsa dancing and yoga are great ways to meet smoking hot chicks.

Not argruing about this but to me the more relaxed and unwound the troops are..........the more complacent they get. When it come to a fire fight I'll take the ones that are wound tight as a spring.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Well the book club I can see. Yoga and martial arts training can be stretched to be included as physical fitness, but I know the military has other PT "courses". The "fight club" aspect is going to be taken somewhere it need not be.

From the sounds of what is being said complacency might become an issue as they all seem to have expected more and nothing is happening.

Top Bottom