• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • khangha625

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    So I recorded a short clip of what my start up looks like. Basically when I came home and first powered the computer on it started up like normal but after I logged in and reached the desktop the screen began to flicker and colored freckles began appearing throughout the screen (usually mimicking another image like a reflection - you will see it in the video). I wasn't able to shut down from the start menu because it froze the system so I manually shut it off. Since then I haven't been able to get beyond the Windows loading screen and that's pretty much where the video takes off.

Is my video card pretty much done for?

Gun Zone Deals

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    If you can't get past the welcome screen, it sounds like you have more problems than with a video card. Have you tried to start up in safe mode so you can do some diagnostics?

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Looks like a hardware problem to me so booting into safe mode probably won't help you.

Is you video card separate or is it on the motherboard? I would try replacing it first because a video board is easy to return if it is not the problem.

khangha625

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Looks like a hardware problem to me so booting into safe mode probably won't help you.

Is you video card separate or is it on the motherboard? I would try replacing it first because a video board is easy to return if it is not the problem.
    The video card is separate from the motherboard. Thanks I will try that first and let you know how it turns out.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    If the screen is screwed during boot like that, it probably is a bad video card. Some mother boards hav built in video too. If so, you could test it w/o buying another card. Is there more than 1 video port on the back?

Top Bottom