• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Combine this with the unique language of their 10th amendment bill, and Vermont is moving up my list of favorite states.

LINK

Perhaps my attitude on gun control – or lack thereof – is due to the fact that I’m a resident of Texas and the majority of us are pro-gun. Particularly in rural Texas, guns are a fact of life from the time one leaves the cradle and remains so our entire lives. Oh yes, we have the folks that don’t like guns and raise more fuss about it than the law should allow but for the most part gun-owners sort of smile, shoot the bird – and keep on shooting flying birds, deer, varmints and burglars.

Recently State Rep. Fred Maslack from Vermont has come forward with a bill and although it may not make it into law; it's great fodder for thought. It’s also amusing as hell when one considers the hue and cry the gun control folks will raise if/when it’s seriously considered.

Seems Maslack has done in-depth studies of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the State of Vermont’s Constitution and his conclusions have a lot of folks talking -- not only in Vermont but lots of other places. Maslack is obviously serious about his study as he recently proposed a bill in Vermont that would require "non-gun-owners" to register and pay a $500 fee to the State of Vermont for NOT owning a gun!

He also advocates (and it’s in his bill) that adults who choose not to own a firearm would be required to register their name, address, Social Security Number and driver’s license number with the State. "There is a legitimate government interest in knowing WHO IS NOT prepared to defend the State should they be asked to do so." Well, dear hearts, think about it! There’s gonna be some defenders and the rest will be "defendees" meaning they ain’t gonna do one damn thing if the State is threatened except get out there and hunt up someone WITH a gun to defend them!

Bottom line: Mr. Maslack is trying to pass a bill that will assess a fee of $500 for the privilege of NOT owning a gun ‘cause everybody else that DOES OWN A GUN has to take care of their unarmed little butts! Now, in Texas that bill might ride on through like a big dog – mostly because it would keep non-armed persons from aggravating the hell out of everyone that is armed ‘cause none of them would admit to not owning a gun as it would cost them money.
    Texas SOT

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I firmly believe in the right to keep and bear arms, but I think it is plain stupid to fine or force people to have a gun if they don't want to. A gun is a great responsibility. If you don't want it, I mean, come on.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Gentlemen, I believe the point of introducing the bill was somewhat tongue in check. A way to point out the absurdity of gun control...
    The bill's writer was making a political statement, not expecting it to ever really become law....

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Gentlemen, I believe the point of introducing the bill was somewhat tongue in check. A way to point out the absurdity of gun control...
    The bill's writer was making a political statement, not expecting it to ever really become law....

Ding ding! Winner!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Hahaha, that's pretty funny. I'm not really a fan of any government "list", tho. Still a pretty humorous idea. Vermont is a very pro gun state. More so than Texas I'd say. Not like I'm going to move there, tho ;)

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

Ahhh

lol, I didn't think politicians had a sense of humor.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas

And yet so many people who see this recycled urban myth (because it is passed off as current and people think it is current) are ready to believe that it is something in the works right now and completely miss the notion that this was a political statement made at the end of the last millenium.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom