• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Friend just shared his RAM truck was stolen last weekend from a hotel/motel in San Antonio and was recovered the following day..........

Said he was going to put a kill switch on all his vehicles, and got me thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea for me to do either......

Anyone using them on their vehicles, what's it wired into? Placement ideas?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    What about one of those "Club" things you put on the steering wheel. Not sure if they still sell them, but remember they were popular in the late 90's or so.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    After my Ram was stolen, I added a kill switch to the fuel pump. I think it was a kit I bought off eBay. Speaker wire, a fuse, and a rocker switch. Found a good place to hide the switch, ran the wire under the carpet and insulation, through a hole in the firewall andinto the fuse box under the hood. Nothing fancy, and a seasoned thief MIGHT take the time to figure out why it won’t crank, but my guess is they will bolt and find something easier.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    you might want to look into that, onstar is pretty useless tell these days, their software is so out of date it’s pretty much phased out.
    Parts of OnStar were always worthless. Two of the 4 times I tried to get directions from them, they couldn’t even tell me which state I was in.

OTOH, they can unlock vehicles or stop them at will.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Parts of OnStar were always worthless. Two of the 4 times I tried to get directions from them, they couldn’t even tell me which state I was in.

OTOH, they can unlock vehicles or stop them at will.
    The unlock feature is very useful, my sister had a car stolen and they couldn’t even track it, was very unimpressive to say the least.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    My dad put a kill switch on the battery on his 77 Datsun. Just a simple toggle switch in the grill that you could flip with one finger. Granted you assumed nobody was watching you stick a finger in the grill but kind of a novel idea back in the 70s though I'm not sure why he thought someone would steal his Datsun pickup back then.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    My dad put a kill switch …
    I'm not sure why he thought someone would steal his Datsun pickup back then.
    Because cars up through the 70’s were much simpler and very easy to steal.
    Pickups included , it may be for a joy ride or an upcoming crime.
    Torque the lock or just reach up under the dash and disconnect the ignition electrical connector, and insert a similar switch and you are driving away in 20 seconds.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MAFA707
    Top Bottom