• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I need a solid handgun vault for my vehicle. Not a cheezy lock box secured by a cable, I want something that is bolted into the car and will deter theft. Needs to fit my Glock 34 setup. Going in a minivan (Toyota Sienna.) I'm in a situation where I have to leave from work straight away for school, with no time to stop by home to secure the gun. I *cannot* have the gun on me in school. Must leave it in the car.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon! FKH
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    I saw an ad for head rest safes; the safe replaces your existing head rest. theheadrestsafe.com (No affiliation.)

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I installed a console vault from here-> http://www.consolevault.com/ in March of this this year and highly recommend.

My vehicle is a 2018 Honda Pilot. The vault attached to the body of the SUV through the bottom of the vault and also to the sides of the console.

Heavy gauge steel and combination lock.

They do make them for Siennas

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Had a Console Vault in my truck before I sold it a few months ago. No complaints and I was able to lock the entire console.
    My new-to-me replacement truck has an E&G vault. I decided to try them out because their vault only secures half of my console, leaving one side accessible for cords and other stuff that I don’t need to be secured.
    Size of the vault will depend on how much usable space your factory console has. My Console vault used about 90% of the available space.The E&G gives about 40% lockable storage of the usable console space
    The E&G has a friction hinge that I like better, versus a spring hinge on the CV. However, the lock arrangement on the E&G is a little finicky and not as fluid as on the CV.
    Both are comparably priced, and it’s just a flip of the coin between the two IMO

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Everyone’s needs are different but the Headrestsafe suited my needs very well I thought.
    I checked it out pretty good and it came down to not being able to match the interior color of the wife’s Toyota Sequoia as the only reason I didn’t get one.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    My tag line is stealth living in the ghetto. I also drive a car which doesn't draw any attention at all in Austin.......unfortunately I can't find a console safe for it.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My tag line is stealth living in the ghetto. I also drive a car which doesn't draw any attention at all in Austin.......unfortunately I can't find a console safe for it.

I dunno how much attention a minivan gets, but the campus I'll be at is surrounded by hoody neighborhoods. I'd LIKE to think that given all the presence between the campus police / security and the fact that its where they're training police, fire, and EMS cadets that it's a "safe" campus - its still surrounded by the hood and since I can't have my firearm on my person in class, I gotta play it safe and lock it up. I'm not thrilled that I've got to leave the rest of my shit (body armor, duty belt) in the car either, but it is what it is.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I dunno how much attention a minivan gets, but the campus I'll be at is surrounded by hoody neighborhoods. I'd LIKE to think that given all the presence between the campus police / security and the fact that its where they're training police, fire, and EMS cadets that it's a "safe" campus - its still surrounded by the hood and since I can't have my firearm on my person in class, I gotta play it safe and lock it up. I'm not thrilled that I've got to leave the rest of my shit (body armor, duty belt) in the car either, but it is what it is.
    That's really good.........gave me a good laugh.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Tuffy products dot com has a good variety of vehicle security products. I found a lock box that matched my 3/4 ton truck upholstery, that replaced the center seat I never used. It's even large enough for the wife's purse (usually...) the bolt holes even matched up. It was a well thought out design..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Police academy.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom