• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Have fun with posting pics of the vanity license plates that you happen to see.

Please only post pics of REAL plates… Don’t post stuff you find off google.

Try to include enough of the vehicle in the pic that we can determine the make and model.

Here’s what I saw this morning to get the ball rolling:

IMG_5666.jpeg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I don't have any pics, but I did see one the other day that was 0O0-O0O0. That's a mind binder. Yes, no vanity to it I know...

"To avoid confusion, license plates issued to the general public “do not use the characters with letters I or O,” according to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles."

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    "To avoid confusion, license plates issued to the general public “do not use the characters with letters I or O,” according to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles."

If the scanners can identify the tag and bill the owner, they should also be able to properly bill and credit that account. :banghead: TxTag should be able to read the differences in 1,I & 0,O as other systems seem to manage it without issue.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If the scanners can identify the tag and bill the owner, they should also be able to properly bill and credit that account. :banghead: TxTag should be able to read the differences in 1,I & 0,O as other systems seem to manage it without issue.
    The point is, the state doesn't issue tags with the letter 'O' in them, it's always a zero.

So there is no way anyone saw a tag with the letter 'O' on it!

In fact, since 1965 Texas has skipped using any vowels along with the letter Q on passenger plates!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The point is, the state doesn't issue tags with the letter 'O' in them, it's always a zero.

In fact, since 1965 Texas has skipped using any vowels along with the letter Q on passenger plates!
    TxTag should be aware of the numbering system of TXDMV.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    The point is, the state doesn't issue tags issued to the general public with the letter 'O' in them, it's always a zero.

FIFY… the limitation/restriction apparently does not apply to vanity plates.
    [edit] I see examples of vanity plates in this thread that contain those characters.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom