• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    These folks are detectives. Track my soul down as if I owed her money.

Seems the good ole VA has been giving me the jack a round on a number of things. Every single review claim is messed up. Evidently to the point that the Supervisor of the Waco, Texas Vet Commission is calling me. Explaining everything is in deed jacked up and what efforts are taking place. That said paperwork is going back inside the VA's cake dump.

Oh joy, here comes the appointments to non native born VA doctors. Makes a person regret even asking for a review. It's now a new mess that'll take Years to fix.

For those reading this on obamacare. You have no clue the joys it'll bring you. Maybe you can use your local VA? They dish pills like cheap breath mints. Get you some. If you're drugged up, you can't complain. Zombies never bitch about nothing. They just walk around like idiots. Without enough sense to hold their dick in their one hand left.

I almost glow in the dark from cat scans, mri, dick-o-jigger you don't know what it does but they stick you in anyway. The technician always looks like he's hurrying it up to go smoke. I'm changing my name to Atomic.
    Hurley's Gold

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Damn, who the hell have I been seeing??? Doc or a pa? I never pay attention. When the Indian born whatever starts talking. All I can here is someone sticky a fork up an American short haired tabby cat's behind. With said cat standing on a pile empty potato chip bags.

It'll give you a headache. Then they gotta prescribe something for that.

It's Madhatter Circus

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've had a few doosies for VA docs as well.

one of them was a dumpy guy in his late 50s to early 60s, greasy hair, overweight by at least 40 lbs, and the winner was, his finger tips were yellow from smoking. It reminded me of my grandpas fingers from smoking those rolled cigarettes for years.

Another one, I called China Doll. She weighed about 89 pounds, wore glasses and couldn't speak English properly, let alone Texan. She gave me a blood pressure pill about the size of a pecan and it gave me a dry hacking cough and the effects of salt peter so I had to ditch that broad and go to my civi doc and get something without side effects.

I will say, after not having been to the VA in Big Springs for a number of years, I went there in Jan to get an updated pair of glasses and things were a lot better. Folks were friendly.

I hope your review goes better and you get treated fairly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It use to take a couple years to get a field examiner to visit. I requested one through my fiduciary middle of last year.

The examiner was a middle age woman from Maine. Military wife and Damn proud of being a city talking Yankee. Verbally said it to my face. That earned my respect. She actually reminded me twice she ain't from Texas.

We know each other's ground. I was impressed. After years of dealing with Fed employees, I've developed a keen sense of who actually gives a heart felt **** about a veteran.

And which fed employees for whom not to bullshit. Their on your side.

This lady was one. She also didn't dare to ask about firearms. She laughed, she didn't mine my dogs. She understood when I told her, I'm not taking the bottles and bottles of pills. I consume cannabis instead. I'm done taking VA zombie drugs.

The best thing she knew about veterans. Few seem to figure out. You can't tell us to do a thing. We don't take orders from civilians. Little lone some punk behind a VA desk.

Folks like this lady is what sets fires under wall paper Fed employees, just there for a paycheck to buy huge loop ear rings, two inch long painted fingernails with stupid diamonds and the 2013 SHO Taurus next to the 741i BMW. They're easy to spot. They look like they want to spit on the ground in front you.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The delay in getting approved for my disability was infuriating for the first one and the second one came through a whole year and a half before they expected it to.

My VA PC doc is okay. A big black woman who tries to work with me on my meds. She says the meds my civi docs prescribe aren't all on the VA's formulary and gave me a list of what might substitute for my civi meds. I took that to my Civi docs and they changes 2 of the 4 so I could get them from the VA. Called the VA doc, and low and behold got some of the expensive ones from the VA.

By the way, I have 70% disability due to Vietnam service. I don't really think I deserve it because I wasn't a combat troop. Just a victim of Agent Orange in the drinking water supply.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    With 42 years of perspective on VA health care at the same facility (Houston DeBakey), it has been hard to not notice a decline in the perceived quality of care in the last three of four years in the primary care clinics, particularly with the clinicians.

ER and surgery appear to still be at least on a par with private care, most likely due to the teaching relationship with the close by medical center and its schools.

For those paying attention, the trend is troubling in its increasing obviousness.

The problem is getting past the palace guard, which is a clear indication of a strained, system.

riata2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Pensacola
    Been going to VA around the country [live and work out of an RV]. The first CBOC was in Colorado Springs. DR. Verma was India or Pakistani, also a proctololgist. Did quick health check and put me on diabetes meds,high blood pressure meds,Cholesterol meds and said bend over this will just take a moment. She said my "numbers" were good 11 years ago BUT this was all being prescribed as "preventative"???
    Well 12 years later nuttin prevented as I am taking meds for all of those illnesses, maybe cause I am 72

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Recently my shitty PA was replaced by an actual doctor that just got out of the air force and works as the Temple, TX VA. Way better and at least he knows his stuff. The other lady was worthless and couldn't tell a rash from a laceration.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    oh joy - I'm just starting a "claim" (hearing loss) - Bryan/College Station tomorrow to speak with a councilor

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    oh joy - I'm just starting a "claim" (hearing loss) - Bryan/College Station tomorrow to speak with a councilor

Good luck, I'm rated 100% total and perm with housebound. Been here since 2011 and seen a doc in that clinic 3 times. 2 of those was because I walked in and wouldn't take no for an answer. Im now using Scott and White down near 40.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    back from seeing a Tejas Vet Commission rep at the Bryan College Station Community Based Outpatient Clinic - a 3 hour wait to get in to see him but once in he was a wealth of info (another 2 hours worth) - not only helped me but helped my Wife, who is having a problem with reimbursement from a State VA nursing home (ref her now deceased Father)

just made the initial application to the VA (a claim for loss of hearing will follow) - I'm not expecting to happen quickly but not in need of anything quickly

a long but good experience

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So, an honest question from an active paramedic: how badly do you want/need to go to the VA in an emergency?

I ask because where I work it's probably 30 minutes to the VA hospital w/o traffic, while it's maybe 10 to a civilian ER. I also get the feeling the civilian hospitals provide better care, especially for more acute/urgent emergencies.

I'll never, ever refuse to take a vet to the VA unless it's simply not an appropriate place based on a severe injury/condition... but I never feel right going there because it just doesn't seem like the care is on-par with civilian care, anecdotally.

So - do you HAVE to go to the VA? Does it affect your benefits? Your pocketbook?

Again, I'll never tell you no if there's a choice to be made. Ever. Even in traffic at rush hour.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Civilians will always run better care. Military providees both on post and contracted are close to going to planned parenthood and asking for medical care. People on obamacare probably get better service and real doctors who didnt get their degrees from online.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've gone to the Temple VA and received better ER care for an issue I was having than I did at a civilian hospital two days prior for the sake issue.

Civilian ER (10 min drive) gave me a 6 hour wait, ran zero tests, and told me to go home and take Motrin. Two days later, I wasn't any better, so I took myself to the Temple VA (45 min drive) urgent care. 2 hour wait, I spoke with a doctor who seemed to actually give a shit, and had blood work done. He couldn't figure out what the issue was, but he knew what it wasn't and said that was good. Still don't know what happened to me, but between that and three other trips to the same local ER, I'm confident in my VA/on base docs over my local options.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    So, an honest question from an active paramedic: how badly do you want/need to go to the VA in an emergency?

I ask because where I work it's probably 30 minutes to the VA hospital w/o traffic, while it's maybe 10 to a civilian ER. I also get the feeling the civilian hospitals provide better care, especially for more acute/urgent emergencies.

I'll never, ever refuse to take a vet to the VA unless it's simply not an appropriate place based on a severe injury/condition... but I never feel right going there because it just doesn't seem like the care is on-par with civilian care, anecdotally.

So - do you HAVE to go to the VA? Does it affect your benefits? Your pocketbook?

Again, I'll never tell you no if there's a choice to be made. Ever. Even in traffic at rush hour.

Depends on whats going on. For most things I will go to the local ER mainly since the closest VA ER is 2 hours away without traffic. But there have been times that I have made my wife drive me to the VA ER since they could provide care that no local ER could. I was having an Adrenal Crisis on a weekend and none of the local ERs could run the labs needed to verify the problem so they wouldnt provide the medications. I ended up spending a week in the hospital because of how low my levels had gotten. The VA has a completely self sustaining system in each of its hospitals, they do not rely on outside labs or imaging companies and have people on staff 24hrs a day, most other hospitals even major ones can not say the same thing, they use outside labs and systems because it would cost too much for each location to have everything thats needed. Now just because the VA has these systems does not mean they use them effectively and that is the biggest down fall. If they would hire docs that gave a flying **** and they would actually use the systems that are in place it would be a much better system and we would get the care we need.

Also if you dont have insurance outside your VA benefits getting the VA to pay for an ER visit is like pulling teeth, unless they tell you to go there first. The will also not pay for transportation to any hospital, not even the VA; we found that out the hard way when my grandfather got a $1500 bill from HFD for a 20 min ambulance ride to the VA ER in Houston.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom