• ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Initial review.

Shipping was slow ordered 2/23 received 3/1 shipped through USPS, may have been weather related the company is up in Colorado. My hopes were really high for this product, probably a little to high. Both products can in a sealed clear plastic bag and had a decent charge from being in the mail truck all day.

Let's start with the paqlite.

a6cd0836-2f2d-82f6.jpg

I purchased the 8x10 paqlite sheet. What it is is a plastic vacuum seal bag full of glow in the dark crystals with a little bead lanyard to attach it to a backpack or what whatever you want.

The website claims that it will charge with any light source direct or indirect and even on cloudy days. I learned very quickly that prolonged direct sunlight is the best way to charge this thing.
    I let the paqlite sit on the hood of my truck for about 2 hours in direct sunlight and went to retrieve it and it was glowing very bright so I threw it in a dark closet. Unfortunately it lost much of it useful light within 2 hours but it was still glowing enough see about a foot or two around it with your eyes fully adjusted to the dark.

a6cd0836-3467-749b.jpg

This picture was taken after an hour of sitting on top of a lamp with a fluorescent bulb. Like I said direct sunlight is best.

Over all the paqlite has its uses but a primary light source is not it more like tent light or equipment marker, good for the kids to.

The tooblite.

a6cd0836-36da-500b.jpg

It's a 6 inch plastic test tube full of the crystals and clear epoxy and capped off with a bead lanyard. If you get a tooblite I recommend the the scooblite it has a better stopper on the top.

The toob is pretty much the same as the paqlite just in tube form. It puts off a little more light because all the crystals are concentrated in a smaller area.

a6cd0836-38be-d1c6.jpg

This picture is after an hour on the lamp it was pretty bright enough to read by while holding it about 6 inches from the page.

Tomorrow I'm going to leave them on my dash all day to get a really good charge and try this again. Anyway this is what I got so far.

If you have any questions that I didn't cover so far please ask.
    Hurley's Gold

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have mixed feelings so far. My first thought was scam-alama-ding-dong but....I will await further reviews before passing judgement. It's hard to determine actual "lumen output" from a picture. Maybe with a book nearby.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Yea I thought about that I may run up to hobby lobby tomorrow. I want to see how it will charge in a semi natural setting first.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I don't know the bob bag I got in the mail today is big enough I might be able to pack one that thing is a monster.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Having a battery powered light to charge this kind of defeats the purpose, lol.

I think what it boils down to is that in an emergency, when it is otherwise pitch black & ones eyes have adjusted to having NO light, then this would work
    for what it is designed for....emergency light in a confined area.

Just my .02

Thanks for being a guinea pig, let us know what happens after a full charge.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Ok they have been outside all day in direct sunlight till 1:12pm. I must say I'm disappointed, it's a good idea just not a viable light source to do anything with a marker of some sort yes a lightbulb no.

I took them in a dark closet and put them against Lyman reloading book and I could see enough to read but they had to be almost touching the book, I think a key thing for these is to have your eyes fully adjusted to the dark.

a6cd0836-1d96-4c3d.jpg

a6cd0836-1db4-9dc5.jpg

a6cd0836-1ddc-cea5.jpg

My overall thought is if you want enough light to do something with for 6-8 hours stick with chem lights. This product has a use just not as a good light source.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sorry to hear they did not put out more light, still, chemlights are one use only & these I presume never run out

Top Bottom