• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Am planning a trip to Corpus to visit the "Lady Lex" later part of October. Would like any/all suggestions on places to stay/not stay, and other attractions worth seeing/not seeing for someone on a "tight" budget. Many thanks in advance. blueangel64
    Hurley's Gold

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Not a whole lot of attractions in Corpus. The Aquarium, in the summertime you can catch a baseball game. Drive out to Port Aransas and cross over on the ferry. Fun place to hang out. I like eating at Pier 66 right there at the Lex.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I stayed at the Radisson. Nice hotel and its the closest that I saw to the Lexinton. You gotta visit the Whataburger right by there and take a seat with the bronze dude that created Whataburger. Cant member his name at the moment.

We got a room as high as we could facing the gulf. Take a lot of bread to throw off the balcony and feed the birds. Its fun. They will swarm like that!

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    View from the Radisson

100_0910_zpsea9e8ebc.jpg

View of it
    100_0797_zps5abe2e9d.jpg

And the pride and joy of your trip...

100_0850_zps06d31176.jpg

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Yup corpus is the bottom of the barrel. Not a lot to do here. Visit the lex and the aquarium and that's about it. Look in the surrounding area for more stuff. King ranch in kingsville. Aransas wildlife refuge in aransas. National seashore out on the island. We also have a museum near the lex on other side of bridge. Like I said not much here.

Sent from my Obama phone.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    the Lexington is fun. I like fish so we hit the aquarium once a month or so. Really it's about the beach and the ocean in this town.

King Ranch has some stuff to look at. The wildlife refuge is nice. Catching a Hooks Game. I like to drive out the Packery then walk down the jetties, (if I have an afternoon I'll walk the aransas jetties) But if I have that much time I'm fishing... Also we have the biggest cavenders in the country

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yup corpus is the bottom of the barrel. Not a lot to do here. Visit the lex and the aquarium and that's about it. Look in the surrounding area for more stuff. King ranch in kingsville. Aransas wildlife refuge in aransas. National seashore out on the island. We also have a museum near the lex on other side of bridge. Like I said not much here.

You just are not trying. Tons to do here is CC. The Lex and Aquarium are for sure, as are the two museums, the beach on the island, jet ski rentals, great fishing, the water park, etc. Don't forget Dolphin tours, boat tours, deep sea and bay fishing charters, great eating.......

The national seashore is an easy drive, you can go horseback riding on Mustang Island, Hans Suter Wildlife area, on and on.....

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Don't eat anything on north beach!

In that area if you have 15 - 30 bucks do water street.

If you have $$$$$ do republic of Texas or kats21.

If you feel like a little drive and an ocean view check out micky's bar and grill. It's kinda a bar. And they jacked up their prices. But it's good seafood and a seaside view.

Snoopy's is ok they actually fry their stuff but its beer battered Yankee style.

Grimalis is a real good ny style pizza

And a place called NY style pizza (it's more Italian with thicker crust) is another good pizza.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I disagree about North Beach. Blackbeards is good food. Whataburger is Whataburger, but it is fine.

Also for food, Docs right next to Snoopys has really good seafood. Both have great views of the sunset over the water.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I've stayed at the Omni and the Best Western. Neither of them were anything special, but you prob won't be spending too much time in your room anyway. They are both on Shoreline dr so you're pretty close to the water. I didn't see anyone mention the Columbus replica ship. It's small and you can't get on it but if you have kids you should definitely take them to see it. If you were ever a Selena fan, there's a memorial to check out. If you're a fan of Whataburger, the first one ever built is in Corpus. It's 2 stories with an elevator and a balcony. Have fun and enjoy the Lexington!!!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    If you end up on the Island and go across the Ferry, come on over to Rockport, nice beach, lot's of little shops downtown, Big Tree and worth the few minute drive,imho...

Rockport

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    You'll enjoy the Lex. I got to spend the night on her when I was leading some cub scouts. Got to go into places in her that are normally off limits on way way off hour fire patrols. If you're into naval aviation, it's a must see.

Oh, and you should visit our brother TXDARKHORSE361 (Daryl) in Sinton.

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I disagree about North Beach. Blackbeards is good food. Whataburger is Whataburger, but it is fine.

Also for food, Docs right next to Snoopys has really good seafood. Both have great views of the sunset over the water.

I guess I'm a little spoiled. Grew up eating seafood cooked by my grandma caught by my grandpa.
    There are only a couple places that come close and blackbeards isn't one of em...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Blackbeard's has the best fried octopus I have ever eaten; better yet than anywhere I've been in 40 years. Yep, I've been every where man.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX

bottom of the barrel?... cc is not austin, sa, or houston... but plenty to do...
    Corpus Christi Hotels, Attractions, Group Tours, Beaches & Texas Vacations in Corpus Christi

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I've stayed at the Omni and the Best Western. Neither of them were anything special, but you prob won't be spending too much time in your room anyway. They are both on Shoreline dr so you're pretty close to the water. I didn't see anyone mention the Columbus replica ship. It's small and you can't get on it but if you have kids you should definitely take them to see it. If you were ever a Selena fan, there's a memorial to check out. If you're a fan of Whataburger, the first one ever built is in Corpus. It's 2 stories with an elevator and a balcony. Have fun and enjoy the Lexington!!!

you are correct, the whataburger originated in corpus christi, but the restaurant you are talking about is not the original location. The downtown 2 story location is definately worth the trip....

Top Bottom