DK Firearms

Using Glock 17 Mags in a 19 Will Get You Killed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    You will over-insert a Glock 17 spare mag in your 19 and this will get you killed in a fight for your life! I've heard more than a few folks spout this one, in person and on the Interwebz. Here's my response. :D Enjoy!

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    LOL nicely done, I had never heard that one “G17 mag in a G19 will get you killed”. But I have read enough crap on the interwebz and heard enough BS around the smoke pit, to see some tard actually saying that. lol

tap&rack_TXinfidel

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Austin
    Great vid as always Paul. I carried a G22 mag for YEARS as a backup mag for my 23 and 27. Never had a single issue, no matter how hard I slapped the shit out of the mag going in. I'll be sure to throw this in with the ".357 will go straight through an engine block" pile.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I have seen on four different occasions, Glock 26's fail to feed when using the longer magazines of the Glock 19 & 17. In my opinion it had nothing to do with over-insertion and agree with the OP in that regard. I do believe the stoppages were caused by grip pressure on the front of the magazine. I have had many folks tell me they have never experienced this problem and a few that have. This is besides what I have witnessed myself. I have never been fond of third hand information, so I would ask you to test your own Glock 26 with the larger magazines to ensure function before trusting your life to it. Read more about my experiences with the Glock 26 here

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Perhaps he can explain 33 round Glock 18C magazine does not get anyone killed.

Or 30 round mag in AR-15.

Stupid is stupid.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Perhaps he can explain 33 round Glock 18C magazine does not get anyone killed.

Or 30 round mag in AR-15.

Stupid is stupid.

There is a difference in using an extended mag in a short gripped pistol and using a 30 round mag in an AR15. I'm not sure where you're going with the "stupid is stupid".

Mr.Adame

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    People will always talk. I personally have never had any issues swapping mags between caliber family.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    That is what I said.

Just looking to argue today eh?
    No, just want to make sure all understand that even though over-insertion is not a problem, it's not the only issue you can encounter. My Glock 26 runs great on my Glock 17, 19, and 18c mags. I have witnessed a handful that are not reliable with extended mags and I believe it's due to the shooter's grip. The same issue does not apply to the Glock 19 when using Glock 17 mags because of the length of the grip. The longer grip prevents inadvertent pressure from being applied to the magazine body.

Top Bottom