• easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I guess you are right, I always just try to be a nice guy
    You know what they say about nice guys. Thing is, if they call, it means nobody is buying at their asking price. If nothing else they may call offering a lower price, but a little higher then what you offered, then it's up to you.
    ARJ Defense ad

vortaku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2017
    Irving
    You know what they say about nice guys. Thing is, if they call, it means nobody is buying at their asking price. If nothing else they may call offering a lower price, but a little higher then what you offered, then it's up to you.
    Well I appreciate it.

Any chance anyone knows a good project bike up for grabs somewhere LOL

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    An offer is just that ... an offer.

Folks that get pissed will probably sit on it a while or forever. And that might be what they want. You never know.

And I'd they get pissed, what does it matter? It's not like you'll ever meet them, so ...

I always ask the seller to not start and warm it up before I get there.

Cold start will tell a lot about valve seals, fuel delivery, spark and the electrical system.

Date code the tires. Bike tires get hard over time ... not good.

How much adjustment left in the chain? Chain and sprockets for a 1L bike can be pricey.

Shaft drive? Looks for leaks. No leaks but the rear diff is sparkling like new? Bad sign.

Look in the gas tank. Anything but clean metal is a bad sign.

Feel the bar wnds, lever ends, foot peg ends, case edges, blinker ends for scrape marks.

Finally, farkles add desirability but not much value.

The market is very fickle right now. It's definitely a buyers market. Vsyroms and Teneres used to bring top dollar. Now its hard to give them away.

Be patient and don't jump in with emotion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vortaku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2017
    Irving
    An offer is just that ... an offer.

Folks that get pissed will probably sit on it a while or forever. And that might be what they want. You never know.

And I'd they get pissed, what does it matter? It's not like you'll ever meet them, so ...

I always ask the seller to not start and warm it up before I get there.

Cold start will tell a lot about valve seals, fuel delivery, spark and the electrical system.

Date code the tires. Bike tires get hard over time ... not good.

How much adjustment left in the chain? Chain and sprockets for a 1L bike can be pricey.

Shaft drive? Looks for leaks. No leaks but the rear diff is sparkling like new? Bad sign.

Look in the gas tank. Anything but clean metal is a bad sign.

Feel the bar wnds, lever ends, foot peg ends, case edges, blinker ends for scrape marks.

Finally, farkles add desirability but not much value.

The market is very fickle right now. It's definitely a buyers market. Vsyroms and Teneres used to bring top dollar. Now its hard to give them away.

Be patient and don't jump in with emotion.

Thanks! Good info there

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Well I appreciate it.

Any chance anyone knows a good project bike up for grabs somewhere LOL
    I have a 2000 DRZ 400 that is priced very well. $2600

Runs strong and lots of great extras ... Yosh, case savers, flatland, Corbin ... 3400 miles

It's a hooligan.

VIN search revealed it was never registered and no title. Bonded title is some effort, but the price reflects that.
    5667c5d56ce35205f4b4589c1696a543.jpg

vortaku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2017
    Irving
    I have a 2000 DRZ 400 that is priced very well. $2600

Runs strong and lots of great extras ... Yosh, case savers, flatland, Corbin ... 3400 miles

It's a hooligan.

VIN search revealed it was never registered and no title. Bonded title is some effort, but the price reflects that. View attachment 132665

Thanks, but will pass. I really was just in the market for a cruiser. Being that fatass I am I cant imagine offroading LOL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Thanks, but will pass. I really was just in the market for a cruiser. Being that fatass I am I cant imagine offroading LOL

Lol, Good reply. If you ever want to take your life into your hands try riding one of those street legal enduros on a wet road. A wet road with absolutely no corners.

vortaku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2017
    Irving
    Okay guys, since I am looking at craigslist blindly just typing in brands etc, suggestions for a 2nd bike, but I havent been on one in years. 6ft 330lbs, cruiser or whatever the non sport bikes are generally called

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Don't type in a brand, search the entire list. Look at it all, all at once. Here's my nightly viewing link,

https://killeen.craigslist.org/search/mcy

If you see a bike that clicks with what you want. Background search the model for any problems, performance, going price. Go from there.

I'd suggest a Yamaha V-Star. Suzuki m109r. Motors in the 1100cc range.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I would have posted the link, but my computer died and until I get a new one I'm using a chromebook and it's a pain to post links.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Guys, the gf keeps pushing this bike. What do you guys think?

The mileage is up there. The seller seems proud of it by how many pictures he took. He's not afraid to show it all. $2350 means $1800-$2000. He probably has his real price $500 down. I'd offer him $1500 cash standing in front of him. $2000 would the absolute max.

It's hard to rag out a cruiser. Nobody pulled a wheelie or raced it. The overall condition should be nice. Yamaha has the stats that say they're the best overall metric bike. Above Honda by a margin.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It's hard to rag out a cruiser. Nobody pulled a wheelie or raced it. The overall condition should be nice. Yamaha has the stats that say they're the best overall metric bike. Above Honda by a margin.

I used to ride wheelies on my GS1000 L with a full fairing ALL the time.
    Even got a nice letter from DPS, "please send us your drivers license due to all the tickets I got on it in 1 year.

Top Bottom