• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I poured SeaFoam in my oil one time. The engine stalled out on me and wouldn't crank for 5 min! I guess it cleaned that sucker pretty good. I ran it in my fuel several times though with no issues.

Ive used to for a stuck roller rocker. Was a total life safer and yes it works great in oil just before an oil change.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I did it about two miles before an ok change. I've heard "just before an oil change" but wasn't sure how exact that was. So I bought some at advanced auto parts, poured it in the engine, drove home, and changed it.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    O'Reilly vs Walmart prices ....

Seafoam is $1 less at Oreilly while Marvel Mystery is $3 more at WM.

Both big buyers, both probably get them from the same distributor. Go figure .....

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I did it about two miles before an ok change. I've heard "just before an oil change" but wasn't sure how exact that was. So I bought some at advanced auto parts, poured it in the engine, drove home, and changed it.

My dad used to drain a quart of oil prior to an oil change, then add a quart of diesel fuel to the oil crankcase. He would run it for 3 minutes prior to draining the oil. Not sure exactly what that was supposed to do, but he learned it from a race car engine builder. And he got 200K+ miles from Chevy 350's for several decades doing that.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    My dad used to drain a quart of oil prior to an oil change, then add a quart of diesel fuel to the oil crankcase. He would run it for 3 minutes prior to draining the oil. Not sure exactly what that was supposed to do, but he learned it from a race car engine builder. And he got 200K+ miles from Chevy 350's for several decades doing that.

It has cleaners in it. Its the same as running seafoam or atf fluid in your oil before a change.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I called the only local upholstery shop and told him I needed an ATV seat recovered. He said *$65*. When I showed up, the guy (different from phone call) started writing a ticket while explaining what they would do. He proudly announced a number over $100!

*cough - choke - hack*

I had to rough him up a little but got the number below what I paid for the ATV .... LoL

I waited for good light today but it's going to be cloudy until Wednesday. The pics make it appear to have a grey tint but the seat and rack are desert tan. Rack paint has a granular texture too.

ATVleftnewseat_zpsf5c86b5b.jpg

ATVrearnewseat_zps5db34c67.jpg

ATVrightnewseat_zpsae57925d.jpg

rearrackpaintcloseup_zps6871bdf9.jpg

And as a reminder ....

photo1_zpsbc527ce0.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Life insurance? I'd have to list beneficiaries. - lol

HA! Literally chased 3 Bambies about 30 seconds after the pics were taken. :p

Thanks for the compliments but you don't think it looks gay now? I'm pleased with the seat (don't want a black one for summer time) but the rack seems a bit much on the tan. I've still got the front rack to do also. I could paint the *Kawasaki* letters and the raised ridges in black or brown to break it up or do a camo scheme (which I'm not a big fan of).

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Lookin good. If you do go for camo, sponge it. It gives a way better look than having to tape or randomly stripe different colors.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Wow, I thought this thread was DOA ... lol

Got the front rack painted a couple of days ago. Front and rear racks ready to be re-installed but weather has gone south. Will post pics once they are GTG.

If I go camo, it will likely be a leaf design.

ETA: front rack support frame was broke in two, that has been repaired also.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    William1993
    Top Bottom