• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Memorial Shooting Center should have some raffle tickets.

General Raffle
    participants do not need to be present to win if their name and Phone # is printed clearly on ticket
    Texas SOT

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The Larue Package arrived.

We have:
    1. LT139
    2. Free Float handguard
    3. Dillos
    4. Dillo Dust.

So, anyone who doesn't have a Dillo will be able to get one for a donation of $10.00.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Photo from my office:
    17979_278640843698_595683698_3232875_1522936_n.jpg

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    A dillo is the LaRue Tactical Beverage Entry tool. It has a variety of different uses, but is primarily a bottle opener/keychain.

P1011962.JPG

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I present to thee the DILLO . . . . the most useful entry tool made, even better for daily use than a 12ga Entry gun:

17979_278703583698_595683698_3233001_4226730_n.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Is there anyway for people who cannot be in Houston to buy tickets. I know you don't have to be present, but some people aren't even from the area.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    There is a paypal donation account set up.

I don't think there are any tickets out of the Houston area.

TheGunny

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Had a great time at the Benefit Shoot and saw a lot of the Houston Shooters. I learned a few things:

1. The rifle poker shoot is tougher than it looks.
    2. The pistol poker shoot is tougher than it looks.
    3. Guys smile more than normal when they shoot full auto weapons.
    4. The Trident on a Glock sounds the same as a Tundra on a Walther.
    5. An MP-40 can whoop ass on an Uzi on the Clay Pigeon course.

Thanks to Phil for hosting the event and thanks to everyone who showed up or contributed to Bruce.

Get well soon, Bruce.

TG

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    In the spirit of a previous post, Some things I learned today:

1. Sometimes you get lucky and the buis you bolt on the nght before a shoot are dead on with no fiddeling around needed.
    2. The gun you tell everyone is running great, doesn't.
    3. :banghead:Deputies that can't hear anything you say when standing right next to you because of ear muffs, hear the stupid things you say from 20 feet away just fine.
    4. You put a machine gun in an 11 year olds hands and the grin last the rest of the day. (Thanks guys, my son is still grinning and he's been asleep for hours)
    5. A .50 beowulf doesn't kick that bad, but makes huge holes in a soft mud berm.
    6. There are some great prople in our community that deserve a big thanks for the benefit they put on today and the raffle items that were donated.
    Had a great time.

Joat

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I want to personally thank everyone who came out in SUB . . . yes SUB . . . 40f weather to help one of our own out.

I can only imagine what the wind chill was . . . I had the proper equipment and experience to not be uncomfortable in the weather, but many or my friends FROZE their asses off and stayed the entire day!

I personally appreciate that!

I also want to thank the guys who responded to Bruce's PLIGHT when I asked for their support. Note that some of these guys didn't know me personally and were introduced to me at SHOT Show through a moderator on AR15.com.

Kevin Brittingham and Mike Mers at Advanced Armament Corp: I emailed Kevin and called Mike Mers. a day later I received a certificate for an Advanced Armament Aviator Suppressor. I am an AAC fanboy and use and sell their suppressors. My home defense gun has a SPR/M4 can on it. My .22s have AAC cans on them. They have supported my customers and myself with a phone call and they went above and beyond when I asked them to help raise money for Bruce Ross.

Scott Wilson of Surefire: I met him at the AAC Silencershoot, but DPMN on ARFCOM insisted that it look him up at the Surefire booth at shot show. We recognized each other from the AAC Silencer shoot in September 2009. Surefire lights rock. There are others, but there are none as usable as the Surefire lights and I personally carry Surefire everyday just like I carry Glock pistols. When you want it to work, every time, Its a surefire in my hand.

Larue Tactical: I spoke to Mark at SHOT show and he said he would do something, I called Austin on the Monday before the Benefit Shoot and Larue Tactical sent the gift certificates for a FEE FLOAT QUAD RAIL hand guard and Scope Mount along with numerous dills and Dillo dust's. Mark is known for supporting the troops and good causes and once again Larue Tactical went above and beyond what was necessary in supporting a local injured member of the Texas Shooting community! Yes, I use Larue Mounts on everything possible and their VFGs!

Gordon at KNS precision: I ran into him at his booth at Shot Show . . . He is a Texan and also was went above and beyond when he donated a handful of KNS anti rotation pin packs. I have been using the KNS anti-rotation pins for years. I might even be a fan boy of KNS pins. When I told Gordon about Bruce's injury and the benefit, he handed me a handful of his packs. No questions asked.

Ryan, owner of www.Bluelinegear.com is a new Friend. DPMN off ARFCOM insisted that I meet with Ryan at Shot Show. I met up with Ryan and his wife. Ryan owns WWW.BlueLineGear.com and we ran into each other a day after I bought a res-Q pack. I mentioned Bruce Ross' injuries and the fundraiser and Ryan, who is from Minnesota, said he would send a trauma pack or two for the fundraiser. Frankly, I was thrilled. When the package showed up, there was around $750.00 in trauma kits and first aid pouches in the package for the raffle. I had never Met Ryan before and he ain't from Texas. But he was concerned about a fellow member of the shooting community and made a sizable donation. I carried one of his Res-Q packs that I bought at SHOT Show on my hip today at the benefit shoot.

R & R Ammo, in Texas City, R&R Ammo donated 9mm ammo.

I want everyone to realize that these business owners, and employees, took money out of their pockets to donate to Bruce's benefit. None of this product is free. Real American dollars were donated to the prize table. None of this product that was donated was FREE. These people and corporations cared enough about Bruce and Dale as individuals, to donate product to raise money to Help Bruce and his wife with their expenses.

I believe that they deserve our attention and patronage. Heck, it helps that I already use their products . . . . but the fact is that they made the effort to help.

Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a man who spent too much time in the cold.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Sounds like another successful gathering. That is great news to hear. It only confirms what I've seen of our community - we have some of the best people society could ask for.

Top Bottom