• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Is this something that can be watched? Never been so I am not sure how it is laid out and if spectators can see anything.

It sounds like fun, but I would like to go out and watch to see if it is something I would like to do.

Thanks
    TD
    Gun Zone Deals

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Sure, every club I have been to welcomed spectators. Some stages are more spectator friendly than others but you'll be able to see what's going on. I'd just shoot the match if I was you though, it's a lot more fun.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sure, every club I have been to welcomed spectators. Some stages are more spectator friendly than others but you'll be able to see what's going on. I'd just shoot the match if I was you though, it's a lot more fun.

+1 ... Just shoot it ... everyone that goes out there to "watch" ends up wanting to shoot about 5 minutes into it.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    You can just watch... and actually get pretty close to the action with all the rest of us waiting to shoot. However, it you show up to just watch there will likely be a few people that will try to pressure you into shooting. I'll have a spare Glock, holster, mag pouch, and ammo if I'm there... which you are more than welcome to borrow! I won't be the only one trying to lend you a gun, either.

There is a "new shooters" briefing where they will run down the high points on safety, rules, procedures, etc. Then you will watch other people shoot to see how it goes before it is actually your turn. When it is your turn, the safety officer is right there to make sure you have a good understanding of what's going on. You will also quickly see that it is not a race and nobody is judging you performance.

Anyways, bring $20 (match fee), a gun, holster, a couple mags, mag pouch, a few boxes of ammo, eye & ear protection, and an open mind. It's a blast!

Hope to see you out there!
    -Randy

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm pretty competitive ... I want to win, but I'm more or less racing against myself. I know my abilities, and if I execute them to what I'm capable of then that is all I expect and I will generally do well for the stage. One reason I enjoy IDPA is that it's not a sport in the whole sense, you really just make it what you want out of it. There are people that are there for the training, there are people their for the fun of it, a few for the sport (gamers), and a number of regulars there that just wanna meet up with friends and go shooting.

I've met a couple TGT people out there, including double_r76, and a couple regulars like Bubba, Mike, and Phil, and even some old acquaintances like John, Jack, and a few other buddies.

Frankly, for $50 you cannot have a better time at a shooting range.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    this sounds liek alot of fun, and i have been playing with the idea is shooting one...

jsut out of curiousity, i'm guessing the prize for winning the match is a personal sense of acheivement. (more than good enough but it never huirts to ask eh?)

how close am i?

not that i think i have snowballs chance -- but hey, you gotta play to win right?

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I'm pretty competitive ... I want to win, but I'm more or less racing against myself. I know my abilities, and if I execute them to what I'm capable of then that is all I expect and I will generally do well for the stage.

Could not have said it better myself. Of course, I want to win... but I was a little over 20 seconds behind the guy that smoked my division, and I was about 30 seconds behind the guy with the best time across all division! I've got lots of room to grow. At the end of the day, I'm striving to improve myself. Oh, and meeting some interesting like-minded individuals is always a good thing. Hope to see more of you all out there.

Wolfwood, as for the prize, you nailed it!

-Randy

Top Bottom