• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Leslie was not a rare sighting but definitely weird.

I have had a couple of melanistic (black) mountain lions on my Llano Co. ranch since 1996.

Saw a Red Wolf in Llano Co. around 2005.

Around 1990, there were several very large blue jay like birds eating cedar berries in Llano Co. in late December. Never was able to positively identify them. They were about the size of a large raven, crested and otherwise colored like a common blue jay. Never have seen them again.

A female Central American skunk not known north of Guatemala denned and raised a litter in our Hays Co. entrance planter. The kittens were likely hybrids with our hog nose skunks. The kittens drove our tuxedo cat wild. She just knew she could raise those kittens herself.

I saw a small Black Bear in Llano Country this very night. Spoke w/ a retired TP&W Game Bologist Friend who said that they are “‘POPPING-up ALL OVER’,

There is. a long-known colony of Red Wolves on the PINS.

leVieux
    Capitol Armory ad

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've lived my entire 60 years in Grayson, Fannin, Collin and Denton counties but I spotted two red foxes in my rural Fannin county backyard about 15 years ago. I've never seen a red fox before or after in this area.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    These are the cougars we find in the Big Town

1678107794269.png

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Took my oldest for a moto ride to breakfast and saw this guy. Swung back by afterwards to show my kid.
    e4d766663791d73f1e498e80e42f9cef.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    My old friend the Village Idiot had invited me to his goose lease out in Eagal Lake. I came with an old single wide trailer set up as a bunk house. He opened a kitchen cabinet & a ring tailed cat pounced soon him. The both exited the trail after I opened the door of the trailer.

Needless to say I got no sleep listening to him waking up screaming then checking the cabinet all night.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ran across footprint of a big cat outside of Scurry. BIG cat. Holy crap. This thing put a dent in a muddy creek bank that could not have been more perfect. Bald eagles hang out in near our neighborhood retention pond.
    Bowing hunting a friends place in Palestine I came across a big deep cat print in a sand bar in his creek. Judging by the depth of the print compared to mine that cat had to be close to 200 pound. You would hear it at night screaming of in the distance.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Found this in one of the barns on our horse ranch in Grimes county, near Whitehall, just before we sold it a few years back.
    Pretty good size cat for that area.
    I think that's a cannid track. You can see the claws/nails and the main pad isn't broad enough.

I could be wrong....

ETA I would like to know if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Worked a contract job at North Ft Hood a couple of years on the heliport. One evening my coworker and I saw a Mt lion walking the fence line from nose to tail covered 1.5 poles which were 6ft apart. I was in awe of his size just watched him stroll off into the cedar trees.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Supposedly there is a tagged black bear in Fannin county that the TPWD tracks. Someone in Gober, which is right down the road from me, had the bear on his trail camera

<>

The Black Bear last nght in Llano County wasn’t large; I’d guess ~ 55#. I thought it was a hog until it turned so I could see its head & front legs in profile.

A few years back, 2 Mako sharks were caught, measured, photographed, & released in Padre Isle surf. They aren’t supposed to ever be in shallow waters.

In 2017 an excited guy @ Beaumont showed me a video of a full size Cougar
    he had just taken @ a vacant lot in Orange, Texas.

There have been sufficient reliable or documented unusual sightings over the centuries to prove that animals often extend their ranges some amazing distances.

Please continue.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Leslie was not a rare sighting but definitely weird.

I have had a couple of melanistic (black) mountain lions on my Llano Co. ranch since 1996.

Saw a Red Wolf in Llano Co. around 2005.

Around 1990, there were several very large blue jay like birds eating cedar berries in Llano Co. in late December. Never was able to positively identify them. They were about the size of a large raven, crested and otherwise colored like a common blue jay. Never have seen them again.

A female Central American skunk not known north of Guatemala denned and raised a litter in our Hays Co. entrance planter. The kittens were likely hybrids with our hog nose skunks. The kittens drove our tuxedo cat wild. She just knew she could raise those kittens herself.
    If she “raised a litter”, there must have been a male around somewhere.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Have had several red fox sightings on my exterior cameras.
    Not sure how unusual it is.
    Last one was a month ago.
    Early 60's, sitting in tall grass while dove hunting along the Little Brazos West of College Station, a red fox, came jumping through that tall grass and damn near jumped on me sitting there ... scared the crap outta both of us.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    <>

The Black Bear last nght in Llano County wasn’t large; I’d guess ~ 55#. I thought it was a hog until it turned so I could see its head & front legs in profile.

A few years back, 2 Mako sharks were caught, measured, photographed, & released in Padre Isle surf. They aren’t supposed to ever be in shallow waters.

In 2017 an excited guy @ Beaumont showed me a video of a full size Cougar
    he had just taken @ a vacant lot in Orange, Texas.

There have been sufficient reliable or documented unusual sightings over the centuries to prove that animals often extend their ranges some amazing distances.

Please continue.

<>
    Saw deer in Houston on Westheimer and Gessner one evening in the 80's; and just recently coyotes in West University Place, just a few miles from downtown. The railroad right-of-way through that part of town is a documented critter freeway.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    In the early 90's a cougar ran across the road in front of me on Atascocita Rd. near the state jail, heavily wooded at the time. Saw a chupacabra on 63 between Jasper and Burkeville, same road different time a coyote eating on a deer carcass on the side of the road. On 1280 between Lovelady and Austonio saw an eagle feeding on something on the side of the road.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I’ve also seen a couple of gators at stillhouse hollow lake several times over the years they’re usually on the west side.

Top Bottom