• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    We treat them as if they are loaded when unloaded because we are human and prone to error. Sure as shit, one day we will be wrong, the gun will be loaded and someone will get hurt or dead.

I'm fairly sure that's what the writer of the article meant. Why else would Jeff Cooper have made that rule #1?

icepick

Sometime Reader
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2015
    Southwest Austin - Oak Hill
    I'm fairly sure that's what the writer of the article meant. Why else would Jeff Cooper have made that rule #1?

RE Unload and show clear: Cooper's famous Gunsite Academy teaches all of their self defense courses on a hot range, but they do allow you to decide in what condition you wish your weapon to be when they tell the classes to "Clear for the Break" at lunch or end of the day. Anything from empty chamber and no magazine, to cocked and locked is acceptable, but in any case holstered. Shooter's choice.

RE Magazines: Among their instructors' periodic questions to the line are 'how many rounds in your magazine?' The acceptable response: 'Not enough."

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    wait, y'all own more than one mag for your gun?

Well hell. That might explain why my stage times are so long. Firing 8, reloading that mag from loose rounds in my pocket, then shooting 8 more while keeping the gun pointed down range takes forever, especially on those 30-round stages!

Top Bottom