• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    One of the nation's largest labor unions, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), is promoting a plan that will centralize all retirement plans for American workers, including private 401(k) plans, under one new "retirement system" for the United States.
    In effect, government pensions for everyone, not unlike the European system and regardless of personal choice.
    The SEIU, which was integral to the election of Barack Obama as president, is working with the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute (EPI), and the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, on SEIU's plan, called "the Retirement USA Initiative."
    Claiming that the retirement system in place now has "failed most Americans," EPI vice president Ross Eisenbrey, told a labor union publication that "account balances have fallen by a third since late 2007, leaving many older workers unable to retire just as our economy is shedding millions of jobs.”
    “The failure is broad and deep. It's not just a few people falling through the cracks: most of us already are in the ravine. Three in 10 have only a 401(k) or similar savings plan, and the rest of us are totally out of luck," said Eisenbrey.
    Eisenbrey said that the median 401(k) account balance was $25,000 in 2006, and the median for workers near retirement was $40,000.
    "Half of those who had a 401(k) were nearing retirement with less than $40,000 in their account," said Eisenbrey, who is trained as a lawyer and was a Clinton administration appointee from 1999 through 2001.
    The proposed retirement system would be operated under the following parameters:
    • Benefits that move with you, even if you change jobs
    • Payouts only at retirement
    • Shared responsibility among employers, the government and employees
    • Pooled assets, controlled by professional investment managers
    "The financial crisis and the economic recession have shone a spotlight on the inadequacies of today's system," said Stephen Albrecht, director of benefits for SEIU.
    With the uncertainty in today's global economy, creating a whole new federal entitlement for American workers may not be easy to accomplish for these groups or their allies on Capitol Hill and in the Obama administration, as America's creditors are already getting nervous.
    Chinese Premier Wen Jinbao is telling U.S. policymakers that he is concerned about the "safety" of his country's already huge holdings of U.S. debt.
    "We have lent a huge amount of money to the United States," said Wen, according to a report in the Financial Times. "We are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I am a little worried. I request the U.S. to maintain its good credit, to honor its promises and to guarantee the safety of China's assets."

Moneynews - Unions Want to Take Over Your 401(k)
    Capitol Armory ad

TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Ha, ha! Let me get this straight. The people who are FAMOUS for STEALING pension funds want to be in control of ALL the pension funds. BRILLIANT! Where do I sign? I had a 401K once. I put in 12k and it went to 17k in 10 years. I pulled out the 17k invested it myself and in 3 years paid off my house.

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    1 people run the unions not the gov. the problem is the same people 12 or 13 people are the only ones that attend the meeting. i work at a job thats all union for the last 6yrs. and have been attending these meetings once a month and this has been the case.i go to the new hire classes to tell them to get involved so we can have a say on to who and where our money go's,no one shows up the same 12 or 13 people out of 400 members. every one is too busy involved in there day to dat lifes to care what takes place with their future.then they sit and gripe about contracts and agreements.this sounds like people who vote and don't vote? the only thing that's wrong is us we can always find an excuse,and you know what they sat about excuses they stink and everybody has one.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Unions have helped Communism grow world wide by duping and threatning workers to vote the way they want, removing freewill.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    and thats why OBUMMER loves them and caters to their needs!! the SEIU, just a bunch of MOBSTER-LIKE THUG TACTICS useing A$$HOLES!!!!! and more of the OBUMMER type business conducted by them!! GOD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They WILL screw w/the military retirement system, I'm quite confident. If I was in and getting close, I'd bail ASAP just to protect myself...but that's just me. Somehow, serving a foreign-born POTUS isn't something I'd care for...

Yeah - a "birther" - primarily because he's done SO much to shroud his origins, I figure there's GOT to be fire under all that smoke!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Yeah - a "birther" - primarily because he's done SO much to shroud his origins, I figure there's GOT to be fire under all that smoke!
    Dang, TR, your alright in my book!! :patriot: AND if he truely had anything to shut all the naysayers up he would have put it out and it would have been ALL OVER THE NET!! but NOOOOOOOO, he pays lawyers to hide EVERYTHING!! Yup, something aint right with that boy. he's down right SHADY!!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    and as for peoples 401k's and pensions, i do believe somehow they'll make an attempt to SEIZE THEM AND TAKE THEM OVER!! after all, look at everything they've taken over ALLREADY CAUSE THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER AT RUNNING THEM THAN THE PAST PEOPLE!! short story, a friend of my family in CRAZIFORNIA retired 6 yrs ago as a gold shield homicide detective from the city of Costa Mesa, CA. he was in 27 yrs and now recieves approx 8k a month from his retirement fund. to me its not enough $$ for an ex-cop due to the fact what they put themselves thru to protect their city! that being said, its alot of $$ and he's afraid he's gonna lose some or all of it, as he should be afraid. by the same token THEY SHOULD STAND TO THEIR AGREEMENT as he could have always chose another profession at that time in his life when he was promised that great retirement plan had he joined the force!! its catch-22 but if they stop or partially pay him thats JUST PLAIN WRONG!! HE HELD UP HIS END OF THE BARGAIN FOR 27 YRS!! so what say any of you? just curious...

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    WAIT.....you guys aren't giving this thing a chance....that little experiement Social Security has been perfected and now they are moving on to this!!!--sarcasm off How many times are people really going to fall for this crap? I mean really, they obviously are pulling the wool over the majority's eyes again. How many times will this governement money grab go on!!! It's the same pig, just differnt lipstick!!!

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    No birth certificate, hadn't claimed a religion nor goes to church, lots of little things... But he does bring lots of HOPE!!! HOPE he doesn't screw up anything else!!! TS...please send my apologies to the pigs and let them know they are doing a fine job at tasting great!

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Oh yeah....this is a great Idea. My state is in the crapper, partly because of the unions. Giving them your retirement to control is a GREAT idea!

Top Bottom