• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So I've got an intermittent issue on my Tanfoglio. It has the slide mounted safety. Occasionally I'll get light primer strikes. Usually I can just pull the trigger again and it'll fire. It seems to only do it once the pistol starts to get warm, usually starting on the 3rd mag or so of a session. The reason I think its an issue with the saftey is because the last time I started getting the light primer strikes I tried to engage the safety, but it was stuck... wouldn't go on safe. After it cooled down it was working fine again.

I haven't taken it apart yet to see whats what (haven't found a guide on slide disassembly yet). Anyone have any ideas what could be the issue?
    Hurley's Gold

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    The light primer strikes could be fixed with a new hammer spring or there is too stiff of a firing pin spring or a firing pin spring with crud buildup in it making it stiff.

The TZ-75 should be very similar to a Cz-75 in disasembly, you should be able to find a link for that one. If not, try referencing the browning hi-power, it's the pistol all the fore mentioned are a take off of.

Hope this helps.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The TZ-75 is very similar to the CZ, but there are differences. I don't think CZ ever made a slide mounted safety for instance. I have the AGI video on CZ's and it's pretty useless for my version of the Tanfoglio. My googlefu isn't turning up much, but I'm still looking for some disassembly instructions for the slide. I'm pretty sure the pistol is over 20 years old. I'm guessing something is just worn out in there.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Since it is a browning hp based pistol, I think you are right on about the safety. I have a well-used FEG clone of a hi power. If I barely lift or touch the safety(or even hold the gun sideways) while charging a round, the hammer drops to a half cock position. Most browning designs incorporated a firing pin block of some sort(as seen in many semi auto slides and the 1911 grip) as well as a half cock safety feature(HPs and later 1911s). I bet you've just got a sticky safety that's interfering with the unabated travel of the firing pin. Remove, clean and/or deburr and Viola ! Not sure about the disassembly but I'm guessing that it has a plate on the back of the slide that will come off if you pull the slide off first(by aligning notch in slide with pin notch,easier if you cock it 1st) and holding the firing pin inward(like a hammer hit it but further) and genty pushing down, away from the sight(CAUTION: spring pressure may make the pin shoot out). Usually they deatch as a solid plate that entraps the pin. On yours there is probably the guts of the safety in the way. But with tension removed from the pin, it should detach easily. Hope this helps, let us know what fixes it - Texmex

Top Bottom