• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    So I’m turning in my duty gen 4 G23 that’s got a trigger that’s either been modified or otherwise worked and worn down very nicely (I don’t know which). I’ve put nearly 10k rounds through this pistol and I hate to see it go. When I go to buy a replacement Gen 5 G23 what would you recommend to bring the trigger up to the smooth and crisp (or worn out trigger) I’m using now? I’ve seen buffed out trigger component replacements for sale online but I could do that myself. What have you guys done to improve your glock triggers while maintaining the glock style trigger pull? Specifically for a Gen 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So I’m turning in my duty gen 4 G23 that’s got a trigger that’s either been modified or otherwise worked and worn down very nicely (I don’t know which). I’ve put nearly 10k rounds through this pistol and I hate to see it go. When I go to buy a replacement Gen 5 G23 what would you recommend to bring the trigger up to the smooth and crisp (or worn out trigger) I’m using now? I’ve seen buffed out trigger component replacements for sale online but I could do that myself. What have you guys done to improve your glock triggers while maintaining the glock style trigger pull? Specifically for a Gen 5

Will your department let you guy that retired gun?

As for Glock triggers - just shoot 'em and do a bunch of dry fire. The Gen 5 is a different beast than the previous generations, and I've only dry fired a few, haven't put live rounds thru a gen 5 yet. They do feel different already, not massively so, but less spongy to me. You might not need to do anything to it and still be happy with it.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo

I've been looking for a Gen 5 Apex Enhancement Trigger kit for my G17. Hard to find right now

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If the pistol is duty weapon, I'd check with your department before making any changes to the pistol, just to be on the safe side. Some departments won't or don't allow any changes to the pistol.

Barring that, dry-firing a lot would probably be the best and safest option available. Moving parts will smooth out with operation and time of being used.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If the pistol is duty weapon, I'd check with your department before making any changes to the pistol, just to be on the safe side. Some departments won't or don't allow any changes to the pistol.

Barring that, dry-firing a lot would probably be the best and safest option available. Moving parts will smooth out with operation and time of being used.
    Your avatar is, um eye bleach resistant. Worse than having an annoying diddy stuck in your head all day.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It serves a purpose. I sent that picture to all the Moderators of the forum, and now they let me do whatever I want!

JK!
    They are probably just afraid you will send more and are avoiding you like a dog who looks away from their master thinking if I cant see you then you're not there.

Mercy, I beg you for mercy, please no more.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    They are probably just afraid you will send more and are avoiding you like a dog who looks away from their master thinking if I cant see you then you're not there.

Mercy, I beg you for mercy, please no more.

I thought it might also be useful at deterring the occasional troll that showed up here on the forum, by sending them that picture in PM. No such luck. Mostly they get all excited and several times I have gotten marriage proposals from them!

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I thought it might also be useful at deterring the occasional troll that showed up here on the forum, by sending them that picture in PM. No such luck. Mostly they get all excited and several times I have gotten marriage proposals from them!
    Where have I seen that avatar image you have Axxe?? And before anyone says it no it's not the mirror in my bedroom...LoL

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

The best solution I found for improving my former glock trigger was to sell it and buy a Sig with an Ajax trigger ;)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Zev makes a good lighter connector and a some mild hand polishing on the contact surfaces of the trigger action have given me nice results
    Just leave the springs factory or you could be in for an occasional FTF
    There can be a balance of give and take between a dependable trigger and a smooth one

Top Bottom