• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tascofeldman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    texarkana,texas
    Looking for honest " I had one of those" opinions. Not looking for heirloom or safe qyeen quality here. Looking @ o/u's for general purpose use. Which is the better buy? Yildiz, Stoeger, Tri-Star, CZ, Mossburg or Savage? Used or new? Will be used for upland, skeet, turkey, etc. Can't go $$$$$$'s for one that's going to be used quit a bit. Saw a Tri-Star @ GM in full MOBU, Looked well put together, accepts Berreta/Benelli style chokes. No Russian Remingtons please. Thanks!!
    ARJ Defense ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    A few years ago I was on this same quest. I like hunting with O/U shotguns, but I wanted one that I wouldn't be afraid to take out into the field and drag through the brush. I ended up buying a Yildiz and I'm really glad I did! It's been a fantastic shotgun. Before i even shot it, I fit it and installed a pad, a center bead and a skeet bead to it, and now it's one of my favorite shotguns. Certainly one of my most used. I don't think you'd be sorry with one. Mine's taken ducks, geese, dove, pheasant and rabbits. It's been a heck of a good "cheap" gun.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    A fellow in my office has a Yildiz O/U, he likes it. There are a few oddball things about them, one being the chokes. The standard Yildiz shotguns sold everywhere else in the world are cut for the Beretta chokes, while the ones that come through Academy are cut with a non-standard thread. He had chokes made by Seminole for his. He said he's put at least 10,000 rounds through his and broke one firing pin in the process. The parts are difficult to find and he had to send it in to get the part installed. Strangely though, Briley does the service on them in the US and not Beretta like everywhere else.

They are good, I think I'd go buy a Stoeger because the parts and things like chokes are very common. However, if you see a good deal on the Yildiz and you're looking for a hunting shotgun and not a competition shotgun, that would be a pretty good setup.

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I have a verona sx405-12(semi-auto) That I've had for several years and use it for trap,skeet and hunting.I've had absolutely no problems with it at all.It looks like and is the same gun as the NEF excel auto.It is the hump back one.The only problem I can see is finding parts for it if I ever need any,but I can always go to neff for parts.I bought it back in 1998 IIRC and the price was around 200 if I remember right.So far I can say I've gotten my money out of it,oh,its got a synthetic stock,that just keeps on holding on,its indestructible.

John Monroe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I bought a Yildiz 20 ga O'U just to get the feel of shooting an O/U. So far I have 875 rounds thru it, hardly a marathon, but no problems. Took a few rounds but my skeet scores are as high with it now as they were with my old SXS. Very nice wood on it. I'm looking at picking up a .410 soon to shoot subgauge with. Only real issue I had with mine was that it was really light and even with the 20 and my light skeet loads after a few rounds of skeet it was annoying. Filling the stock with lead fixed that.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gearhead_Gunsmith
    Top Bottom