Target Sports

TSA patdown- Every action has an equal and opposite reaction!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
    -4th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States

I'm not saying the woman in the article was right, but the TSA is definitely all the way wrong. I know that Americans today are not the liberty-loving patriots they once were, but I pray that they still have a breaking point and that this incident, and others like it, show that we as a country are approaching that point.

I am a combat veteran who has gone to foreign lands to kill people who threaten the country I love. I will do it again before I am done serving my country, then I will hope for more like me to pick up where I left off.

I took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Right now, I see a lot more domestic enemies than foreign ones, and the TSA is right at the top of the list.
    Lynx Defense

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The presumed right to travel is firmly established in U.S. law and precedent. In U.S. v Guest, 383 U.S. 745 (1966), the Court noted, "It is a right that has been firmly established and repeatedly recognized." In fact, in Shapiro v Thompson, 394 U.S. 618 (1969), Justice Stewart noted in a concurring opinion that "it is a right broadly assertable against private interference as well as governmental action. Like the right of association, ... it is a virtually unconditional personal right, guaranteed by the Constitution to us all." It is interesting to note that the Articles of Confederation had an explicit right to travel; it is now thought that the right is so fundamental that the Framers may have thought it unnecessary to include it in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#travel

Add to the fact that people travel as a part of their livelihood and not just for pleasure. TSA should be abolished.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    From the article it sounds like the woman touched the TSA agent before they touched her. If the TSA agent had touched her first I'd say its then fair game. You grab mine, I grab yours... Sounds logical to me

The presumed right to travel is firmly established in U.S. law and precedent.
    You're right to travel isn't being impeded by the TSA. You could take different forms of transport. Of course the TSA is pushing to get into trains and buses as well, and we need to make sure that doesn't happen.

I honestly don't have a problem with the groping, but how they apply it is really dumb. Is granny or a 10 yo really a risk? Um... no. I think the TSA in general is a cluster **** of incompetence that tends to employ people that aren't fit to be in any security field.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Right now, I see a lot more domestic enemies than foreign ones, and the TSA is right at the top of the list.

I'll agree with that one as well. One wonders if the common American will ever see that too?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    You're right to travel isn't being impeded by the TSA. You could take different forms of transport. Of course the TSA is pushing to get into trains and buses as well, and we need to make sure that doesn't happen.
    One can argue that travel by airplane is a common and even necessary mode of travel.

The "cover all bases" push of TSA for buses and trains speaks volumes to the slippery slope.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Could have been handled better but the guy filming is an idiot.

I agree. there is a right to film in public places. Why do these rights guys always look\sound like dushes though?

Because it's hard to sound or look good on camera. I do my best to keep myself out of view when one comes out because of that.

In the machine gun shoot thread, you'll see the only pic taken of me in about a year. I tried real hard not to let my displeasure show in my body language, let me know how I did. :p

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    From the article it sounds like the woman touched the TSA agent before they touched her. If the TSA agent had touched her first I'd say its then fair game. You grab mine, I grab yours... Sounds logical to me

I honestly don't have a problem with the groping, but how they apply it is really dumb. Is granny or a 10 yo really a risk? Um... no. I think the TSA in general is a cluster **** of incompetence that tends to employ people that aren't fit to be in any security field.

there are also plans for TSA to roam the streets and highways of america.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    TSA have been spotted up an down the Houston metro light rail system during the Houston livestock showand rodeo.
    I saw them myself on several occasions. They were dressed like a cross between swat and a school janitor. Other than the radio, badge, giant white TSA "placard" on their back and drop leg holster I would have thought they were a joke.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    It is my opinion that when TSA begins their harassment of "the average Joe" blue collar, lower middle class and poor (this being those of us that don't fly much and the principle riders of busses and to a lessor extent trains) the backlash could possibly become severe. All we can hope for is that the American people don't continue to be the frog in a pot, put on a slow path to death.
    I know y'all will think I need a tin hat but I believe that, in my lifetime, we will either see another revolution, civil war, or the death of this great nation. That's just how I see it. I don't live in fear, it's just how I see things going.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Looks like county prosecutors declined to file charges. Who wants to bet they're terrified of a jury finding her not guilty and setting precedent?

Overhead Bin - Internet rallies around flier accused of groping TSA agent

Miyamae is accused of grabbing the left breast of an agent at a security checkpoint last Thursday and was facing a felony count of sexual abuse. After reviewing the case, prosecutors for the county declined to file felony charges against Miyamae, according to the Associated Press.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    One can argue that travel by airplane is a common and even necessary mode of travel.

The "cover all bases" push of TSA for buses and trains speaks volumes to the slippery slope.

For me it isn't "necessary" but pretty close. I live on a boat for a living for a minimum of 6 months out of the year usually 8-9 months. The company pushes for us to fly(and pays for it) BUT if I drive I end up missing out on 2 to 3 days a trip that I could have been home with my wife. In all honesty I have had very few problems but the premise still bothers me of the whole thing.

Pain is inevitable - Suffering is optional

Top Bottom