• ...and so much more!
  • Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Anybody have any idea? I have 5+ years of flatbed and van freight, everything from forklifts to oversize machines. I have a job currently just looken for something a little more stable ie minimum 40hrs a week. I'm willing to work all overtime and weekend if needed. Thank ahead of time!
    Texas SOT

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Also anybody have an idea of where I would start looken if I wanted to drive in the North Dakota oil field?

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Why ND when Eagle Ford is booming as well? If you're looking to relocate, I'm working a non-cdl job for a company that is hiring for CDL drivers for Fuel. We fuel on Frac sites, 16+ hour days...But you gotta have your tanker and hazmat of course. But they pay good, and when you hit OT...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oh yeah, it's in San Antonio.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Not looken to relocate but that's where ya hear the most about, know a guy that is 2 weeks on 1 week of up their. I don't know a lot about the oilfield but I do have a tanker and hazmat endorsement.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    You wouldn't have to go that far to find oilfield CDL work. Oklahoma has some stuff going on right now as well. Just make sure you research the company good before committing. I work with some guys who have worked CDL jobs in OK, ND, AR areas. Some companies told them to go up there work for a couple weeks and they ended up keeping them up there for 3 months! Only reason it wasn't longer was because the driver drove back home and quit because of it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Our oil collection guy said they need drivers badly. Apparently the new oil thing down south has lured a bunch away. I forgot the name of the company, but you'd need Class A with hazmat since you're hauling used oil and antifreeze.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    There are tons of trucking jobs in the Permian Basin (Midland, Odessa, etc.), with many offering sign on bonus for those with CDL's.

You won't have any trouble working overtime either. Check on-line using the local papers.

Only drawback is the housing is in short supply, and demand a high price, as do motels, etc.

Hell, if you just want to "flip burgers" or be a "sandwich artist", those jobs are available also.

Brad

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just a reminder, I am still in need of Class A HAZMAT tank trailer drivers for gas and oil field drivers in Texas.

I need 6 gas drivers in San Antonio, crude oil drivers in Cotulla, and gas drivers in iur itgee Texas offices(DFW, Houston, Austin, etc.)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My company is hiring in Ft Worth and dallas, spill clean up, Cdl gets better starting pay but still kinda low, get a raise in december up to 4 bucks if you take the initiative and learn but the hrs are hell. I pulled 100 this week. Let me know if you want more info and I can Pm you the company name and more job details.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Jbcalhoun I know how to sleep in my pickup and shower at the truck stop till I can afford either a cabover camper of a 5th wheel.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Funny thing I'm maken a run today too Odessa midland my partner is driving home i drove their and yeah I've been taken notes on who's hiring. In single want hrs and not scared to wrk.

Top Bottom