• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etxranch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    US
    On YouTube, I cant tell too much difference from trijicon vs other cheaper brands. I have only seen the trijicon reap-ir in person. Is it worth the price when considering image quality and it comes with lifetime warranty?
    Texas SOT

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I run the MK3 35mm. Really like it. I ID'd a hog @ 650yrds with it, made my way down, across the pasture and dirt napped it... totally rad. It's the only thermal I've looked through so I can't say much on other brands. I really wanted the 60mm, but I did not want to loose the field of view. I'm still torn with upgrading to the 60mm due to the wide open spaces that I hunt.

etxranch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    US
    Not nessicarily true when it comes to electronics. Eventually something better will come along as technology advances.
    I hope that day comes soon, $8k is lot.. there isn't as much competition in thermal imaging as other gun accessories.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bought an IR Hunter before they were acquired by Trijicon.

Cry-once over price for sure.
    They are pricy.

But it's a rare night that I do not survey the surrounding of my abode.

I have a firewood pile about 250 fees from my back door and routinely watch mice in it.
    I just got back from a Colorado trip and could tell bears from mule deer by the way they moved at over 1/2 mile mile on the mountains at midnight!

Shooting coyotes at 100 yards with it on my Tavor is just cake.

Buy it if you can.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

They are pricy.

I have a firewood pile about 250 fees from my back door and routinely watch mice in it.
    I just got back from a Colorado trip and could tell bears from mule deer by the way they moved at over 1/2 mile mile on the mountains at midnight!

Buy it if you can.

If I could shoot critters off my back porch - or anywhere on my property, really - I’d have every shooting gadget known to man LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I could shoot critters off my back porch - or anywhere on my property, really - I’d have every shooting gadget known to man LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife thinks the raccoons are cute, my dog brings the saliva-soaked-stunned opossums in through his doggy door, skunks are just lose-lose propositions and the coyotes quit coming around with a big toothy Rottweiler on hyper-vigilant patrol.

Little left to shoot.

The IR Hunter is routinely on my Ruger SR-22 rifle outfitted with it's Gemtech MIST-22 suppressor.
    With orange-box Gemtech ammo I can snap my fingers louder!!!

When bored I'll shoot an oak-log piece of firewood. The warm-spot where the projectile penetrates is visible for quite a while.

etxranch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    US

They are pricy.

Buy it if you can.
    I am also planning to put the thermal on a Tavor X95. It's got a 18 inchbm barrel which should punch through varmints fast.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IIRC Austin PD shot some guy in his yard after he shot at the helicopter. The thermal camera filming it made it look as if the top of his head cam off, then the warm blood flow started.
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      69.1 KB · Views: 408

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

They are pricy.

Buy it if you can.
    Good point. It'll sure teach you the movement of the wildlife around you. At long distance and not enough zoom, you can get a feel for what the critter is by body language.

etxranch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    US
    IIRC Austin PD shot some guy in his yard after he shot at the helicopter. The thermal camera filming it made it look as if the top of his head cam off, then the warm blood flow started.
    That's sick, reminds me of a police officer uses his radar gun on a jet aircraft outside naval Base. His gun exploded and his Dept wants the Navy to pay for it and they received a picture of him aiming the gun at the jet. What happened was the pilot canceled the missle launch but the aircraft laser fried the radar gun instead.

Top Bottom