• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LasVegasTwo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've read many places about the suggested use of the AmeriGlo supressor sights on the TSD Glock slide, but not found any specific part number, height, width, etc.

Does anyone out there have this info?

I perfer all black front and rear. No dots, no colors.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    My biggest issue is the size of the dot. I would like for someone to explain to me how an 8MOA dot is the best option. I know Jon said during CRG last year and that Gabe has said that with the RMR you can make shots out to 100 yards without issue, but that dot would be huge on a target at 100 yards would it not?

I like the concept for sure, but after my first force on force class having realized that I barely even "lined" up my sights before shooting I don't know that things would be any different with an RMR vs the sights on the gun now...

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    How wide is your front sight? Put in perspective, an 8 moa dot takes up less target at 100 yards than the Warren front sight post. A 4 moa is fine for a rifle but too small for a pistol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

LasVegasTwo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    Now that I know what model sights are optimum for use on the TSD Glock slide,

Rear: AmeriGlo GL-404
    Front: AmeriGlo GST-315

Does anyone know where to find them? Out of stock / backordered seems to be everywhere.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    A roughly 7-8 MOA dot is ideal considering pistols are typically a 25yd and in type of gun. The larger dot is easier to pick up at speed. You can still be fairly precise at distance. Having too small of a dot would be counter productive as it would take you longer to pick up, track under recoil, etc.

One thing that people overlook, when it comes to these setups, is the importance of a consistent index. This means a consistent press out/punch out of the gun. Basically, can you look at and focus on an object and press the gun out while bringing your sights right to that exact point? If you can do this consistently, there won't be a big learning curve when transitioning to a low mounted red dot setup.

Paul Gomez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    When Kelly McCann started running Doktor Optiks on Glock 19s at Crucible, a friend of mine was intrigued enough to have one put together. Back then, circa 2003, no one was doing low mounting of red dots on pistols. We approached David Bowie about the job and he agreed to figure it out. That Glock 19 is still running strong.
    However, the issue with the slide-mounted micro red dot on pistols is that they become the limiting factor to shooting at speed. For new shooters, even for experienced shooters, they may seem faster but when you are looking at working the gun at the upper limits, the MRD becomes the issue because it requires more time to accommodate the dot than track the front sight.

heavyzee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Austin
    When Kelly McCann started running Doktor Optiks on Glock 19s at Crucible, a friend of mine was intrigued enough to have one put together. Back then, circa 2003, no one was doing low mounting of red dots on pistols. We approached David Bowie about the job and he agreed to figure it out. That Glock 19 is still running strong.
    However, the issue with the slide-mounted micro red dot on pistols is that they become the limiting factor to shooting at speed. For new shooters, even for experienced shooters, they may seem faster but when you are looking at working the gun at the upper limits, the MRD becomes the issue because it requires more time to accommodate the dot than track the front sight.

clearly you have never used one of these....
    you draw you press out and the dot is there, no concern on whether the top of the front sight is level with the rear sight or there's an equal amount of white space between the sights, etc... red dot on target, bang... every time

i went from being a decent shooter having trained with a sig for the past few years, to be able to get 50-100 yard shots off in a matter of seconds.... it's an amazing tool

John Chambers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Round Rock
    ...However, the issue with the slide-mounted micro red dot on pistols is that they become the limiting factor to shooting at speed. For new shooters, even for experienced shooters, they may seem faster but when you are looking at working the gun at the upper limits, the MRD becomes the issue because it requires more time to accommodate the dot than track the front sight.

Utter horse crap. At close range, you will be indexing the pistol with either a "meat and metal" or "screen test" sight picture and the dot is not a factor at all. Ask any of the hundreds of TSD Glock armed graduates of the SI Close Range Gunfighting course. At longer ranges, the RDS is exponentially faster than iron sights and allows the shooter to put accurate shots on the target at a much faster pace compared to iron sights. Every advantage the RDS gives a carbine is also applicable to the pistol, which is why our students train with their RDS equipped pistols out to 200 yards. The only limiting factor is the skill level of the shooter and the inherent ballistics of the cartridge.

The TSD Pistol: Allowing shooters to do things with a pistol that most cannot do with a carbine, since 2010!

Pic: 250 rounds from 5 to 110 yards at combat speed.

Attachments

• IMAG0164.jpg
      IMAG0164.jpg
      24.7 KB · Views: 97

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I also think that's a little bit big. An 8 m.o.a. dot at 100 yds. has a diameter of 8.3775968 inches. A 4 m.o.a. dot is easily picked up and seen at 100 yds. Just my two bits.

At that distance you can also use the bottom of the dot, instead of the entire dot, if you're looking for more precision. Just depends how good your eyes are and how crisp the dot is.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    At that distance you can also use the bottom of the dot, instead of the entire dot, if you're looking for more precision. Just depends how good your eyes are and how crisp the dot is.

Old eyes, fuzzy dot, and what tha' hell would I be shootin' at with a self-defense pistol at 100/200 yds. ???? I can get to a rifle or shotgun it the bad guys are that far off. Just sayin'.......................

Top Bottom