Hurley's Gold

Trial for displaying plastic testicles on truck in S.C.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    First clue this wasn't in Texas?

Woman gets jury trial for displaying plastic testicles on truck - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

BONNEAU, S.C. (AP) - A Berkeley County woman will get a jury trial for a ticket she was given by police for displaying big plastic testicles on the back of her pickup truck.

Virginia Tice of Bonneau was given a $445 ticket July 5 that accuses her of violating the state's obscene bumper sticker law.

Police Chief Franco Fuda asked for a jury trial, saying questions of obscenity should be determined by community standards.

Tice's attorney, Scott Bischoff, expects a trial next month. A relative said Tice didn't want to talk about the case before the trial.

She was ticketed after pulling into a gas station in her truck with big red fake testicles hanging from the trailer hitch.
    Hurley's Gold

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I know I could not give "HER" a guilty verdict in a trial. Any lady whou would hang truck nuts is cool in my book.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I got to disagree Mikewood. I never liked those but more importantly, I'd hate to have to explain it to my kid.
    Got no problem with adults being adults around each other but, in public, it's forced on to unwilling party.
    I wouldn't hang the lady but $445 seems fat too.
    Best answer (since it's already gone legal there) ... jury

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Glockster69.
    Your kids must lead very sheltered lives.
    To think they could never go to a farm, dog show or even a petting zoo for fear they might see what comes naturally to a male mammal.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    I 've got to agree with Glockster, some things just need to be a little more civil (for lack of a better word). We've become a society of pretty rank people in public. I'm not a saint by any means, but when kids wear shirts with "**** you" written all over them and the cussing in public means nothing to them. I guess I'm just old school--I was brought up not to disrespect any people and certainly didn't use the "f" word in mixed company. Hell these days I hear young kids talking to their parents using it.

Sorry, just and old guys opinion.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I don't think I would want my kids to see a saggy 90 year old mans scrotum hanging from the back of a pickup truck. Sheltered? No, but there's a time and a place. It's called health class

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    They were hanging those on trucks some 25 years ago when I was in high school. This isn't new, it isn't really offensive either. (At least not to me.)
    Maybe it offends y'all because of the other things mentioned that didnt used to happen. I'm not disagreeing that society is sliding down hill and is less respectful but this smacks of censorship to me. If a person has a "right" to burn a flag, surely they have a right to hang fake balls on their truck. I mean come on, these only insinuate something. You ever seen the chrome trucker girl on a mudflap? Those have been everywhere forever and they do more than insinuate.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Don't think its a good idea to do this, but not sure how the cops could give her a ticket for violating the state's obscene bumper sticker law?? What bumper sticker?? $445.00 seems kind of high; I think it would be enough to tell her to take them off the truck and let it go at that. Wonder how much a jury trial is going to cost the state??

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Glockster69.
    To think they could never go to a farm, dog show or even a petting zoo for fear they might see what comes naturally to a male mammal.

... for fear they might see what comes naturally ...
    Time and place my friend. MY KID = my time and my place.

I've never sheltered my kids from LIFE. Wet places, high places, cold places, tight spaces. I've always encouraged, and sometimes forced, them to touch, feel, do, and learn.

And both girls raised many FFA projects including steers (yes, multiple). For you city folk, that's a big 'ole hangy-downey!
    So the way I see it is we agree that kids will learn about male anatomy. We just disagree on who picks the time and place.

Take care

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    All this is is political correctness. I do agree its gross i've evan gone as far as to knife a pair of truck nutz of a friend of mines truck which I paid for after the fact but it's still supposed to be a free country.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    but this smacks of censorship to me.

Aren't many laws, in a sense, censorship?
    Isn't that what makes a civilized nation?

Burning the US Flag for any reason other that proper disposal is wrong, PERIOD, so I don't see any relevance between the subjects.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Aren't many laws, in a sense, censorship?
    Isn't that what makes a civilized nation?

Burning the US Flag for any reason other that proper disposal is wrong, PERIOD, so I don't see any relevance between the subjects.

Burning flags may be wrong but it isn't illegal. You want to live in a society, you have to put up with things you find offensive.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    All this is is political correctness. I do agree its gross i've evan gone as far as to knife a pair of truck nutz of a friend of mines truck which I paid for after the fact but it's still supposed to be a free country.

Political correctness is when people call, for example, an Illegal Alien an undocumented worker.

My response to the article is my OPINION about one aspect of raising MY CHILD.
    My opinion is not subject to negotiation. Being politically correct is the act of one's opinion being negotiated.

And yes, it's a free country, ... for now.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Burning flags may be wrong but it isn't illegal. You want to live in a society, you have to put up with things you find offensive.

Your right burning the flag isn't illegal-and I fought for that right.

Having said that, if someone is burning a flag in my presence there is going to be a another fight. Right or wrong I don't care it's just how I feel.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Your right burning the flag isn't illegal-and I fought for that right.

Having said that, if someone is burning a flag in my presence there is going to be a another fight. Right or wrong I don't care it's just how I feel.

The proper response is to ignore them.

Imagine a guy going to a courthouse steps to ban a flag and as he sets in on fire, everyone coming and going just ignores him like he is not there.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Sorry, that is a lot of what's wrong today, nobody wants to get involved and things just go from bad to worse. Like the old saying "give 'em a inch and they'll take a mile". Just my opinion of course.

Top Bottom