• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    I just got back from a 16 day trip where I traveled naked. No gun on my person, no gun in my truck. After carrying for so many years, and at my advanced state of years, I felt vulnerable. This trip was a must. My son is stationed in Connecticut. And since I had to travel through states where the mere possession of a handgun is a felony, I erred on the safe side and left my weapons at home.

Some observations from my forays into yankee land. There are still terrified of Covid. They are nice people, but they are sheep. Indoor dining is still rare. Masks are the norm. They think they are free, but they tow the government line. The effort to change is to a cashless society is much more prevalent there. It was obvious in so many places where they no longer accepted cash.

I was very, very glad to get back to Texas. But, I will go again for my family. And FYI, I left one of my three knives that I carried there because it was confiscated on a federal installation as being too big. They asked me if I was law enforcement or military. And I said, "No, I'm from Texas and y'all wont let me carry my gun."

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    Felt the same way. Just spent 2 weeks doing Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Mt. Rainier. Beautiful areas but glad to be home.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Just a question...maybe someone smarter than me could chime in.

If your vehicle is registered in Texas, & castle doctrine is an extension of your home... as long as your weapon is in the vehicle are you still breaking law?

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town

If your vehicle is registered in Texas, & castle doctrine is an extension of your home... as long as your weapon is in the vehicle are you still breaking law?
    Yes. Just like Texas don’t give a shit about other states, the reverse is true. Best not to carry in Conniefornia without a Commie permit as well as several others. National reprecosity would’ve nice, but is unlikely to happen

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX

Texas law has no bearing outside of Texas. In NY and NJ if you have a gun, you go straight to jail. You do not pass go, and you do not collect $200. They do not believe in liberty.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ...and did that big cream-puff, Republican Chris Cristi, one time governor of n.j., work for the citizens right known as the 2ndA while in office?

Maybe, but I doubt it...

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    You were legal to carry in all those places I think. Maybe Rainer as it is in a Commie state. The rest are good to go.
    Not an easy option since we flew into Seattle to begin the adventure. Got off the plane, went straight to the rental car and got the hell out of Seattle. Same thing coming back. Nothing in Seattle I wanted to see.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Travis county is lil Cali. The police chief is anti private gun ownership. The mayor and city council are all democrats and adore the homeless, defy the laws and women cry about blood in the streets and how guns make childrens lives unsafe.
    All true except it is still legal to carry in Travis county. You are not breaking the law by carrying there.

Top Bottom