• Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    (TMCO)---Debut Class!!!

You are walking back to your car after getting some cash out of the ATM one evening, and suddenly you find yourself being robbed. Perhaps your first knowledge of this horrific event is hearing a loud “BANG!”, and feeling a punch in your leg or shoulder. You have just been shot, and fall to the ground. The bad guy grabs your wallet and runs away. Perhaps the robbery is actually over, but your fight has just begun. The fight to stay alive!

Announcing the debut of the Suarez International Trauma Medicine Classes.

First up: Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator (TMCO)

This class is directed toward the “Average Joe” who may have never even taken a first aid class, and certainly doesn’t consider himself to be a medically trained special operator. Instead, he is someone who realizes that, just as with his shooting skills, he needs to have skill to help save someone’s life, perhaps his own, in the aftermath of shooting or other traumatic event. We call that man the “CCW Operator”. He doesn’t have a team medic nearby. He must show the same self-reliance that got him through the initial incident.

TMCO was created by Dr. John Meade, SI Director of Tactical Medicine. Dr. Meade has been a board-certified Emergency Physician for over 20 years, is a member of a regional SWAT team, and trains SWAT medics. In this class, he will teach the student how to save the life of a loved one, or himself, after a sudden traumatic injury.

Gabe Suarez will be a special guest co-instructor for the class, showing how to integrate shooting, moving and sound tactical judgment with immediate first aid.

This will be a very thorough introduction to how to evaluate and treat gunshot
    wounds, stab wounds and other traumatic injuries. We will do a great deal of
    technical work to ingrain the correct skills and then work them extensively via
    practical training, including force on force exercises and live fire. There has
    never before been training and information like this offered to the general
    public.

SOME TOPICS:
    • Massive bleeding. What are all the options? We will look at everything from direct pressure, to tourniquets, to blood clotting agents. Do you know how to use a tourniquet? How about putting one on yourself, one-handed?
    • Do you know how to open a person’s airway, in various positions?
    • How to splint broken limbs, using real equipment and improvised materials.
    • How do you move a person to safety, if he can’t walk?
    • Can you do all this, while maintaining tactical awareness, appropriate movement, and shooting back?
    Included in your registration fee will be a “Dr John Meade-designed” trauma first aid kit to take home.

This will be one of the hottest classes available to civilian operators.

Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator (TMCO)
    Taught by Dr John Meade & Gabe Suarez
    June 4-5, 2011
    Orange, TX

Special Introductory Pricing Available NOW!

attachment.php

DK Firearms

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Everyone should try to make a class like this. Great info. I am a (lapsed) first aid and CPR instructor, but I took a similar course from Special Operations Systems (actually, it was part of a course) two years ago. The information goes far beyond basic first aid and CPR, and I am only sorry I had not taken such a course sooner.

Hope you can do one in North Texas sometime.....

So I say with a bit if fun John, but CCW "Operator"? lol

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Everyone should try to make a class like this. Great info. I am a (lapsed) first aid and CPR instructor, but I took a similar course from Special Operations Systems (actually, it was part of a course) two years ago. The information goes far beyond basic first aid and CPR, and I am only sorry I had not taken such a course sooner.

Hope you can do one in North Texas sometime.....

So I say with a bit if fun John, but CCW "Operator"? lol

You know, I thought the same thing about the title CCW Operator, but when you have civilians training to the level many of our students do why not? Granted these students are training primarily for the reactive gunfight because they are not soldiers or cops. In the same breath these civilians have better gun handling skills than most of the cops that I worked with. When SI calls them CCW Operators they're not referring to the folks that get their CHL and never train. The term CCW Operator also refers to mindset. BTW, it's Jon bro. Most people spell it wrong even others named Jon. (lol)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The name of a class matters not ... the training within it is what matters. Who cares what you call yourself or what others call you, if you know your shit and can do it ... that's the measure.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I've been thinking about doing some first aid training. This sounds awefully interesting....

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    It's going to be a great class. We've done some cool stuff at the Orange Gun Club and we've got some high-speed low-drag stuff coming up soon. This course will be like a Combat Medicine course and Close Range Gunfighting rolled into one.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You know, I thought the same thing about the title CCW Operator, but when you have civilians training to the level many of our students do why not? Granted these students are training primarily for the reactive gunfight because they are not soldiers or cops. In the same breath these civilians have better gun handling skills than most of the cops that I worked with. When SI calls them CCW Operators they're not referring to the folks that get their CHL and never train. The term CCW Operator also refers to mindset.

Yeah, I get that. I just know a few SF guys and could never think of rererring to myself as an "operator" in deference to them. But that is MY issue. ;)

BTW, it's Jon bro. Most people spell it wrong even others named Jon. (lol)
    Apologies, I looked right at your name and typed out of habit anyway. lol

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    (TMCO)---Debut Class!!!

[. . . .
    [/LIST]Included in your registration fee will be a “Dr John Meade-designed” trauma first aid kit to take home.[/FONT]

Does it come with a chest tube, stethescope, gown, sterile gloves, Laryngscope, scalpel, a thoracentesis needle, and BVM? j/k.

This sounds like an informative class. More training = Good.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Bump to Top
    (TMCO)---Debut Class!!!

You are walking back to your car after getting some cash out of the ATM one evening, and suddenly you find yourself being robbed. Perhaps your first knowledge of this horrific event is hearing a loud “BANG!”, and feeling a punch in your leg or shoulder. You have just been shot, and fall to the ground. The bad guy grabs your wallet and runs away. Perhaps the robbery is actually over, but your fight has just begun. The fight to stay alive!

Announcing the debut of the Suarez International Trauma Medicine Classes.

First up: Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator (TMCO)

This class is directed toward the “Average Joe” who may have never even taken a first aid class, and certainly doesn’t consider himself to be a medically trained special operator. Instead, he is someone who realizes that, just as with his shooting skills, he needs to have skill to help save someone’s life, perhaps his own, in the aftermath of shooting or other traumatic event. We call that man the “CCW Operator”. He doesn’t have a team medic nearby. He must show the same self-reliance that got him through the initial incident.

TMCO was created by Dr. John Meade, SI Director of Tactical Medicine. Dr. Meade has been a board-certified Emergency Physician for over 20 years, is a member of a regional SWAT team, and trains SWAT medics. In this class, he will teach the student how to save the life of a loved one, or himself, after a sudden traumatic injury.

Gabe Suarez will be a special guest co-instructor for the class, showing how to integrate shooting, moving and sound tactical judgment with immediate first aid.

This will be a very thorough introduction to how to evaluate and treat gunshot
    wounds, stab wounds and other traumatic injuries. We will do a great deal of
    technical work to ingrain the correct skills and then work them extensively via
    practical training, including force on force exercises and live fire. There has
    never before been training and information like this offered to the general
    public.

SOME TOPICS:
    • Massive bleeding. What are all the options? We will look at everything from direct pressure, to tourniquets, to blood clotting agents. Do you know how to use a tourniquet? How about putting one on yourself, one-handed?
    • Do you know how to open a person’s airway, in various positions?
    • How to splint broken limbs, using real equipment and improvised materials.
    • How do you move a person to safety, if he can’t walk?
    • Can you do all this, while maintaining tactical awareness, appropriate movement, and shooting back?
    Included in your registration fee will be a “Dr John Meade-designed” trauma first aid kit to take home.

This will be one of the hottest classes available to civilian operators.

Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator (TMCO)
    Taught by Dr John Meade & Gabe Suarez
    June 4-5, 2011
    Orange, TX

Special Introductory Pricing Available NOW!

attachment.php

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    21-year paramedic here. Training is good, keeping appropriate supplies is even better. Penetrating trauma really is simple at the bystander level though, control the bleeding and call 911. These people have a date with a surgeon and nothing else will do. Paramedics can buy some time, but fixing the bleed internally is all that matters. Compression dressings, tourniquets and knowledge of how to effectively use them and when is important.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I really wanted to sign up for this one, but have a scheduling conflict. I hope you guys offer this one again in the future.

Top Bottom