• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i would only consider it a 1 gun trade and base my trade off the taurus, since the llama has been known for issues and they went out of business a long time ago. they liked to do things one off from the traditional weapons they copied and werent too good at it. basically, you will have one functional taurus and one paperweight.
    ARJ Defense ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I gotta' agree with TRN............................I don't like a Taurus, some work OK, some do not (from what I've read). Manufacturing varies and strength of materials may vary. Some folks have them and they turn out to be decent guns, some have them and can never get them to work. My personal experience with a Llama is that I wouldn't use it for a doorstop! They are cheap (price & quality) guns! I personally wouldn't give you $400 for both of those pistols together. Save your money and buy a decent 1911 and keep your AR. Just my two bits!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    On this deal, I'd prefer your AR. On a trade, I look at actual value, but I also look at which I would prefer. I will lose a little value to get a gun I'd rather have. I don't think many people are like this, and it does depend on the value I am losing also, but If I'd rather have this gun than that one, I may go for it.

I have to agree with TXR (as usual), no Llamas or Taurus for me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Now guys...don't overlook the fact that he COULD shoot the Taurus and find he likes it - or at least understand why he might NOT like it - from an education standpoint, that alone would have value. He could always sell it if he didn't like it, and I think be into it cheap enough that he'd come out at least "okay" on the deal.

Those of us with more experience forget that we got that experience the hard way - and it's usually the best teacher. It's better to have traded into something with a decent "buy-in" cost than to buy a NEW one and learn THAT way. Because personally, I'd not give over $500 for the AR - which COULD make this deal actually pretty decent for him, especially if he can unload that POS Llama for $3-400 - which I would almost best that he can.

Top Bottom