• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Two Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-5, just north of Oceanside, San Diego, California...

One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching the crest of a hill. The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour and climbing.

The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then it suddenly turned off.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near this, it's home base location.

Back at the California Highway Patrol Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the US Marine Corps. Base commander for shutting down his equipment.

The reply came back in true USMC style: 'Thank you for your letter. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down.

Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location. Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched to
    destroy the hostile radar position...

The pilot suggests you cover your mouths when cussing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech. Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.'

Semper Fi

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    That's an old joke, but unfortunately, I can top it with a true story. My wife was coming home from my step daughters house in a hurry so she could get my daughter to work on time. She's got a F250 with a chip in it, and when the car in front of her was going too slow down a 2 lane road, she flipped the chip into race setting and floored it. Blowing smoke, she shot past the slow moving car like it was standing still. At least until he turned on his blue flashing lights and pulled her over. :banghead:

How many people actually get a ticket for speeding past a cop? The cop was actually laughing when he walked up to her. He may not have had a top mounted light bar, but the exempt plates and lights in the window should have been a clue.:banghead: At least he was polite about the whole thing.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I wonder how they got that guy stopped to give him the ticket?

I'd have fought it. Word is he plead out on it, but the claims are that his bike was stock, and that bike isn't capable of 205 in stock trim. Timing from an aircraft isn't terribly precise, changes in perspective can cause you to misread the timing marks and hit the stopwatch early on the second one, especially since sitting in a 172 (typical cruise of 120-130 MPH IAS), you're used to overtaking vehicles, not having them move away from you. Also, at 180ish MPH (top speed for this bike, which is more likely), a slip of a watch hand of a couple hundredths makes a lot more difference.

He should have fought, showed that his bike wasn't capable, brought the methods of timing into question and pushed to get the ticket dismissed. That would have been truly epic, IMO.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    airplanes for speed enforcement is old school... an expensive way to write a ticket

With me, every way to write a ticket is going to be the expensive way. I'll make you earn that fine by fighting it tooth and nail.

Fun fact: In CA they have signs on freeways that say "speed enforced by aircraft." But by state law, they can't paint timing marks on the freeway, making it pretty hard to do IMO. I never worried about it. No timing marks, no valid way to write a ticket. About all they could possibly do is give a car on the ground a heads-up that you're moving much faster than the pace of traffic...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    With me, every way to write a ticket is going to be the expensive way. I'll make you earn that fine by fighting it tooth and nail.

Many agencies now tie their radar into their video, so the speed shows on the video. When you bring a video to court of a PD car following a speeder, while he is the only car on the road and his speed is flashing on the screen. Those are tough to beat....others not so much. I'm sure a law abiding citizen like yourself rarely breaks speed laws so you have nothing to worry about...lmao

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    When I first heard this one it was a marine AV8 and the English police.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Many agencies now tie their radar into their video, so the speed shows on the video. When you bring a video to court of a PD car following a speeder, while he is the only car on the road and his speed is flashing on the screen. Those are tough to beat....others not so much. I'm sure a law abiding citizen like yourself rarely breaks speed laws so you have nothing to worry about...lmao

It's not about beating the ticket necessarily. It's about costing the government more than the ticket is worth. If enough people stand up and start doing it... Well, my hope is that they'll back off on speed enforcement a bit, though that's probably a pipe dream. They'll just make it harder to fight and raise the cost.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom