• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you worked out there in the field, and you so much as threw a rock at thieves, companies would fire your ash.

Nothing keeps the company from bringing in hired help.

By the same token if LE is circulation the info, nothing keeps them from doing their job, either.

We’re having a rash of asshats fucking around in the real local area right now; somebody’s going to end up dead is my guess. Someone two streets over let their garage open over night and now they have video of everyone that walked in the garage overnight. I’m guessing the house door being locked was the only thing that prevented a home invasion.

The shit of it is BCSO knows criminal activity surging yet I haven’t seen a deputy on patrol in months, even though we have one parking his dept issue suburban up the hill from us.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

By the same token if LE is circulation the info, nothing keeps them from doing their job, either.

We’re having a rash of asshats fucking around in the real local area right now; somebody’s going to end up dead is my guess. Someone two streets over let their garage open over night and now they have video of everyone that walked in the garage overnight. I’m guessing the house door being locked was the only thing that prevented a home invasion.

The shit of it is BCSO knows criminal activity surging yet I haven’t seen a deputy on patrol in months, even though we have one parking his dept issue suburban up the hill from us.
    Way too spread out in the Permian to expect LE to cover everything.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

Even with a fully staffed department there is absolutely no freaking way LEO can be everywhere. Add in short staffing and even a department that wants to do things can’t. Add on the politics of the day and you get even more screwed.

Things are purposefully being allowed to degenerate. The majority of imbeciles who call themselves Americans will clamor for the government to do something when things get bad enough. And that is exactly the plan. Second option is to allow things to degenerate enough that the SSS brigades get going, then the gov will decide that it needs to step in. Either way the give gets what it wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Way too spread out in the Permian to expect LE to cover everything.

Even with a fully staffed department there is absolutely no freaking way LEO can be everywhere. …
    Things are purposefully being allowed to degenerate. …
    The problem is oil fields and pipelines are a designated national Critical Infrastructure sector. There’s even a federal sector security plan.

From a prioritization standpoint, this rises above a bunch of other routine LE mission sets and there’s plenty of LE surveillance and intelligence technologies and resources available to focus in on a large area and that’s without touching DSCS capabilities/assets.

Mere presence can be a deterrent in addition to a PR/IO campaign, much less heli-borne response teams. You don’t have to be everywhere doing everything all at once.

When politicians decide critical infrastructure is worthy of issuing a threat notice but not doing anything about it is when government has decided it’s not going to fulfill its own responsibilities. That is
    e0a0098afe8a29913792ce5c86faea7f.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The problem is oil fields and pipelines are a designated national Critical Infrastructure sector. There’s even a federal sector security plan.

From a prioritization standpoint, this rises above a bunch of other routine LE mission sets and there’s plenty of LE surveillance and intelligence technologies and resources available to focus in on a large area and that’s without touching DSCS capabilities/assets.

Mere presence can be a deterrent in addition to a PR/IO campaign, much less heli-borne response teams. You don’t have to be everywhere doing everything all at once.

When politicians decide critical infrastructure is worthy of issuing a threat notice but not doing anything about it is when government has decided it’s not going to fulfill its own responsibilities. That is
    e0a0098afe8a29913792ce5c86faea7f.jpg
    I seriously doubt that Ector County Sheriff's Department has adequate resources to surveil the oil fields.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Drones could cover a lot of area

Amazingly AMO bases predators and other CBP air assets out of San Angelo. Last year, Ector County put out bids for LE drones using asset forfeiture money. Of all things, Civil Air Patrol has some nice sensor packages on light planes, too.

Intelligence-driven ops can really make a thin force effective.

Top Bottom