• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghaqi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    You think her screaming for a ring is bad....wait and see what happens when she wants a baby! Biological clock and all that crap.
    Target Sports

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just as an FYI to all the people who think people aren't dumb enough to leave expensive stuff laying around, my GF found 2 credit cards & 1 debit card
    laying on the ground in The Woodlands Mall last night.

And, if that's not bad enough, they were taking dog pictures with Santa in Market street, so some of the people were taking their dogs
    into the Mall as well.
    My GF watched one lady with a GSD let the damn thing OFF it's leash when she got inside & it immediately attacked an Afghan Hound.

SMDH!!!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'll lend you my wife just for this exercise and see if your opinion changes - lol
    Hey, you're the one who picked her. It's your selection criteria that calls for an explanation. :)

All right, guys, you're all correct. Women will lose expensive stuff. But so do guys. I've done it myself.

I stand corrected.

But I still say, and maybe this is just a personal pet peeve, that a closet full of $50-$200 purses that never get used is a waste of money that particularly grates on my nerves. I'd take the chance on the good purse, even if she lost it, rather than see $6K+ in unused crap jammed on the shelves, never touched.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So what about all those guns in your safe that you only drag out for one occasion every few years? ;)
    Valid question.
    I can think of three possible replies:

1. Some guns should not be shot. They are works of art or collectible investments. This one doesn't apply to me.
    2. Some guns are owned for sentimental reasons such as family history and don't need to be shot. This applies to 3 or 4 of my firearms.
    3. Compared to the average purse-collecting female clothes horse, I have only a miniscule number of firearms that I don't shoot.
    That last one mostly covers me.

But you bring up a good point. I do have some I don't shoot. Some have mechanical problems that I should get fixed and shoot them again. Some are bolt actions bought just for the actions and awaiting a custom build. I should go ahead and fix what's broken. I should go ahead and order the custom guns...or pass the actions on to people who will put them to use.

I know it was a snappy comeback with a smiley attached but you make a valid point. I'll make addressing it my New Year's resolution. How's that sound?

PS - I wrote and then deleted a lengthy explanation of the psychological basis for my dislike of women who hoard clothes, shoes, and purses in mass quantities. If TS has taught me anything with this thread, it's that it's possible to share too much. :)

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Valid question.
    I can think of three possible replies:

1. Some guns should not be shot. They are works of art or collectible investments. This one doesn't apply to me.
    2. Some guns are owned for sentimental reasons such as family history and don't need to be shot. This applies to 3 or 4 of my firearms.
    3. Compared to the average purse-collecting female clothes horse, I have only a miniscule number of firearms that I don't shoot.
    That last one mostly covers me.

But you bring up a good point. I do have some I don't shoot. Some have mechanical problems that I should get fixed and shoot them again. Some are bolt actions bought just for the actions and awaiting a custom build. I should go ahead and fix what's broken. I should go ahead and order the custom guns...or pass the actions on to people who will put them to use.

I know it was a snappy comeback with a smiley attached but you make a valid point. I'll make addressing it my New Year's resolution. How's that sound?

PS - I wrote and then deleted a lengthy explanation of the psychological basis for my dislike of women who hoard clothes, shoes, and purses in mass quantities. If TS has taught me anything with this thread, it's that it's possible to share too much. :)

LOL - my first thought after seeing that post is that guns are articles of investment. I see them like cows. Easy to liquidate, going up in price. At least that is the case of any used gun I've ever purchased with the exception of one, when I didn't have a clue.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm very much guilty of the same. Don't start setting goals and making progress on correcting the issue. I'm not going to, lol...

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    3bd90d8cd4fd6637651adf285ffe5eb1.jpg

Sorry Scott I had to lol

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Just as an FYI to all the people who think people aren't dumb enough to leave expensive stuff laying around, my GF found 2 credit cards & 1 debit card
    laying on the ground in The Woodlands Mall last night.

And, if that's not bad enough, they were taking dog pictures with Santa in Market street, so some of the people were taking their dogs
    into the Mall as well.
    My GF watched one lady with a GSD let the damn thing OFF it's leash when she got inside & it immediately attacked an Afghan Hound.

SMDH!!!

So how was that steak dinner?

Top Bottom