Texas SOT

To ship a rifle From my FFL-- don't totally wrap (?), because the Serial # must be seen for the FFL transfer--to ship...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    MFG is outside the scope of the law here.

Sender is not required to provide FFL, but is required to verify recipient FFL.

Does MFG not allow you to send it direct via USPS? That would be the best option.

You got that right just that this particular FFL resents (I guess) MFG demanding his FFL documentation that is not required before providing their docs which is required per Federal Law/ATF. Go figure. I just want to ship the gun to get it fixed. It is under warranty.

MFG says policy even for a three time customer of them. Years ago I got a printed shipping label from different mfg for another warranty fix after the return was setup. Took it to local FedEx and shipped the gun. No sweat. But since FedEx and UPS say only FFL can ship with them the hassle started.

So shopping for another FFL to ship gun. And I will explore using USPS as an option.

Breaking news: Contacted second FFL closest to home from the website https://www.shipmygun.com/. And he said yes to everything OooRah! Going to ship the gun Fri. Details later after warranty repair.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    No longer are personal rifles being accepted by Fedex/UPS facilities, even for Long guns (rifles). And I'm not interested in using USPS.
    You not wanting to use the easiest method is on you - although I did recently ship a rifle FedEx via manufacturer call tag. Oops!

The are no....zero....BATF rules that caused this. UPS and FEDEX did this on their own. It's their policy and BATF may tacitly approve of their policy, but in no way is it a BATF rule.
    Yup! UPS and FedEx both got tired of the legal issues related to employees stealing firearms - and mis-shipment issues (an unfortunate Schnellfeuer illegally exported by FedEx and seized by British customs and a substantial insurance claim and litigation comes to mind) - that they've changed policy on the matter. They're actually claiming to not be Common Carriers, which is absolutely idiotic from a legal point of view - Common Carrier status is why a FedEx driver hauling cocaine isn't held legally responsible, why would you undo that?

Eli

Top Bottom