• kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Im unemployed so forgive the rant.
    My daughter's boyfriend and her broke up. And has threatened her.
    So go through all the legal aspects of law. They can't help unless he does something to hurt her. Yada yaddda. We all know the drill.
    I'm trying to make her carry. But she truly believes that he won't hurt her.
    My thoughts are on the other pole on this

My true believe is that once threatened you take it very seriously.
    He has threatened my house once. I told momma that if he comes over here, there will be no negotiations at all. Why do people think that negotiations are possible with these people?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    plan d honey and a very big mound of fire ants.
    But on the real. Im trying to make her noid in a good way.

Till you get her to carry. Have her carry a 3" folding knife. Remember, switch blades are legal now. Get her something nasty.

Teach her how slice and dice if someone lays a hand on her

"Sent from a jail"

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This amen i think even if she does, it's having the resolve to do it. I'm trying to beat it
    Into them that there is true evil out there.

This is the big thing.

I've always believed that carrying a weapon that you aren't willing to use is a dangerous thing.

Don't have much advice. Hope things work out. A taser may be the way to go in this case. But most legal tasers won't really put someone down.

Difficult situation. ALL threats should be taken seriously.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    We have been blessed for the last 15yrs. They are step kids. Small town. Little crime.
    Way to much fake tv, they think I'm a little crazy. Talking about personal safety.
    But maybe this will wake them up

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Thanks maybe I will look into a taser. Or a stun gun

Get her to carry something. Pepper spray is better than nothing. A taser or stun gun would be better. Something that shoots boolets would be better still. A decent one-handed or spring knife should also be included. Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't keep a knife handy. They are decent all-purpose tools as well as weapons.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Get her to carry something. Pepper spray is better than nothing. A taser or stun gun would be better. Something that shoots boolets would be better still. A decent one-handed or spring knife should also be included. Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't keep a knife handy. They are decent all-purpose tools as well as weapons.

I carry a Benchmade, more then my wallet. Firearms have their place. So do knives.

I also have a second Benchmade NIB, same model....in case I loss the first.

Is not difficult to get poked on the inside of the leg. You bleed out quick. A mexican guy in my highschool got bled out, parking lot of Skate Heaven in Temple.

Guy with the last name of Luna, stabbed him with a relatively small folding knife.

The guy stabbed, no hospital was close enough to save his life. Bled out in the back seat headed to S&W.

"Sent from a jail"

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...My true believe is that once threatened you take it very seriously.
    He has threatened my house once....

...ALL threats should be taken seriously.
    Yes, Younggun, they should. But even the police don't do so with enough consistency.

I've told the story before so this will be short. My ex-BIL threatened to burn down my house. (It was a family tradition; his mom had burned down the house of a neighbor who pissed her off. His threat really rattled me because I knew his family history.) I had to jump through all sorts of hoops, including being threatened by an LEO with consequences for filing a false report, before I was able to get a police report taken. I knew they weren't going to prosecute but if he had taken action, that report would have been evidence regarding his past bad actions.

Kyletxria1911a1, I hope that you've managed to get official documentation of his threats, both against your house and against your loved ones. That's evidence that I hope never needs to be used but, if bad things happen, might be invaluable in the future.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    On the subject of pepperspray.

If someone wants to put hands on you. And if you spray the person, it does crap to deter that. Once the person grabs you. Hes gonna take out the pain in his eyes on you.

Pepper spray does squat to a persons physical ability. Especially if their really pissed off.

Its also why, they train police ways to effectively function after getting sprayed with police grade OC spray.

Not to mention large sunglasses or script eye glasses block alot of the spray. Unless its foam.

One huge issue with spray, is if the aggressor is up wind of you, your screwed. Your both getting a good dose.

"Sent from a jail"

Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    We have been blessed for the last 15yrs. They are step kids. Small town. Little crime.
    Way to much fake tv, they think I'm a little crazy. Talking about personal safety.
    But maybe this will wake them up

Being from a small town, small town try-hards are probably more dangerous than anything you'll find in the city. They believe all the shit they see on TV is real and act that way with a chip on their shoulder.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are just some kinds of people that requires violence to deal with them. Psychotic individuals - they don't reason, they just do damage and the threats indicate this kind of personality with your daughter's ex. If you can't convince your daughter to carry a gun (which IMHO she should be doing immediately), many of the other suggestions made should be pushed. Some people, even when threatened, don't take the threats seriously and that's where too many of the crime statistics in this country enter the picture. Too many women thinking "Oh, he won't hurt me" have ended up very badly.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    There are just some kinds of people that requires violence to deal with them. Psychotic individuals - they don't reason, they just do damage and the threats indicate this kind of personality with your daughter's ex. If you can't convince your daughter to carry a gun (which IMHO she should be doing immediately), many of the other suggestions made should be pushed. Some people, even when threatened, don't take the threats seriously and that's where too many of the crime statistics in this country enter the picture. Too many women thinking "Oh, he won't hurt me" have ended up very badly.
    these are my thoughts exactly this is the only thing that some people understand

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Having the best arsenal is useless if she's not willing to defend herself from this guy. You need to work on her mindset first.

Google "domestic murders" and hit the Images tab....she needs to see the possibilities....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I have been told by a few young people, when they find out I have a CCL, that I am a "pussy"
    for carrying a gun! ;) I just reply, well, thats your opinion, but remember this, I am the
    pussy with a GUN! They watch all this MMA bullshitt, and believe that because they WATCH it,
    they are truly MMA fighters, themselves! Idiots!

Top Bottom