c580ce0d1738c7735ed8cebba44027ee.jpg

95b020788b88501f41319ddd257ff9c4.jpg

5fffa6e22ceabee64bec347e8cc93915.jpg

c4ee8086e9185de80133e371b2cf4973.jpg

523a5a96e289329c009119ca469edb9c.jpg

"Sent from a iBong6"
    Texas SOT

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    ["Sent from a iBong6"[/QUOTE]

Dayum, Bubba! Hurry up and put it on the gun, fercrissakes.

The suspense is killing this old man.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Slip, slack, but it back with a wack....and the slides back together. Sans sights cuz shes getting nite jobs.

The Germans did a good job with their version if the 1911.

b30c9f455f5987ca20d4c9e3427bada5.jpg

922ea66a94bcbe0412748ae6b7db5576.jpg

15150196894e30fdf3fbd7abf428e0cd.jpg

"Sent from a iBong6"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    This stuff is thin. No build up in holes. No clearance issuses. Every thing that touches the slide runs on TiN.

A limited production, SS USP, designed by a company founded(with the blessing of American armed forces) by Nazi arm makers.

No wonder the US enjoyed the design of the MG42 in the M60. And HK used Browning's barrel link system on the USP.

Now its polished and plated.

"Sent from a iBong6"

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nice.

Looks like they gave it a good pee'n before they packed it. Going the extra step for perfection!

R1Rider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Found this thread while doing a search on polishing stainless 1911's. I have a bit of experience with polishing but still wanted to see what guys were doing to polish their pieces. I just picked up a new Springfield loaded 1911 in stainless and already have it apart. I'm really disappointed in this gun so far because they aluminum oxide blasted all the parts opposed to using glass beads to give a satin finish. The media blasted finishes is very coarse, the inside of the slide is like sandpaper rubbing on the barrel. I did the best I could to get my fat fingers in there to smooth it out. I plan to have this gun TiN coated aswell. Not sure how I want to proceed. I may end up glass beading the entire thing just to knock down the high spots on the blasted portions and the hand sanding the flats of the frame and slide to a mirror finish. Gonna be alot of elbow grease!

I would also like to comment on the company you sent your gun off to.... They are thieving scumbags! I found a guy that sends stuff out regularly for TiN coating and he gets it done for a fraction of what those people charge. TiN is an industrial coating and they are taking advantage of us. No respect for people/businesses like that.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I found a guy that sends stuff out regularly for TiN coating and he gets it done for a fraction of what those people charge. TiN is an industrial coating and they are taking advantage of us. No respect for people/businesses like that.
    Where can we get TiN coating on the cheap?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Where can we get TiN coating on the cheap?

It's anything but cheap. When I looked around for prices, I found only a few bucks difference. Expect to pay at least $100+ to plate a barrel or bolt carrier. I think the price of plating includes the cost of the walk in vapor oven?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Found this thread while doing a search on polishing stainless 1911's. I have a bit of experience with polishing but still wanted to see what guys were doing to polish their pieces. I just picked up a new Springfield loaded 1911 in stainless and already have it apart. I'm really disappointed in this gun so far because they aluminum oxide blasted all the parts opposed to using glass beads to give a satin finish. The media blasted finishes is very coarse, the inside of the slide is like sandpaper rubbing on the barrel. I did the best I could to get my fat fingers in there to smooth it out. I plan to have this gun TiN coated aswell. Not sure how I want to proceed. I may end up glass beading the entire thing just to knock down the high spots on the blasted portions and the hand sanding the flats of the frame and slide to a mirror finish. Gonna be alot of elbow grease!

I would also like to comment on the company you sent your gun off to.... They are thieving scumbags! I found a guy that sends stuff out regularly for TiN coating and he gets it done for a fraction of what those people charge. TiN is an industrial coating and they are taking advantage of us. No respect for people/businesses like that.

So the place GHG used consists of thieving scumbags, and it can be done at a fraction of the cost. But you didn't bother giving a link or name the place that will do it at a fraction of the cost. Only that you "found a guy" that sends stuff out and has it done cheaper. And then, nothing of what the results look like or the quality of the results.

Skeptical.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    So the place GHG used consists of thieving scumbags, and it can be done at a fraction of the cost. But you didn't bother giving a link or name the place that will do it at a fraction of the cost. Only that you "found a guy" that sends stuff out and has it done cheaper. And then, nothing of what the results look like or the quality of the results.

Skeptical.

They answered every email before and after. Gave me the status. The work came back as expected. Trust me when I say this. I'm one picky motherlover. It'll be the way I want it, or it a No Go at this station.

Cheap is good. But think about it. Would you mail off a freaking stainless slide off a brand new HK USP. That had over 40 hours of hand labor.....to a discount place?

Lol, nah. Not for a $800 HK pistol.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You all just feeding a troll.

Check it out Ac'

This pic was taken a couple days ago. Still looks like the day I got done. Ive jammed it in few holsters. It hasn't seen a case yet.

It doesnt scratch. Pretty neat stuff.

e9858d6a2263c4eb61344a96a5932d72.jpg

Close up

be1a94de9ff60aece31cd43fe207c666.jpg

"Sent from a puff of smoke"

Last edited:

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Check it out Ac'

This pic was taken a couple days ago. Still looks like the day I got done. Ive jammed in few holsters. It hasn't seen a case yet.

e9858d6a2263c4eb61344a96a5932d72.jpg

Hey grasshopper, ive been meaning to ask: how much does your finish look like a gold plated finish? I've never seen a TiN coating in person, and I have a project in mind where I have some gold plated parts. Wondering if this could be a better, cheaper option and still look good...thanks!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Hey grasshopper, ive been meaning to ask: how much does your finish look like a gold plated finish? I've never seen a TiN coating in person, and I have a project in mind where I have some gold plated parts. Wondering if this could be a better, cheaper option and still look good...thanks!

Here you go

41b57eeb880cbacc0a60b5fac6ad8725.jpg

The ring is 10k. You cant tell by the pic but its lighter in color then the slide. The slide looks more like its gold then the 10k, if that makes sense.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Here you go

41b57eeb880cbacc0a60b5fac6ad8725.jpg

The ring is 10k. You cant tell by the pic but its lighter in color then the slide. The slide looks more like its gold then the 10k, if that makes sense.

Awesome! I think that might be a good substitute. Still looks like it has a mirror finish on it too. I wonder if they can do different tints to it? I don't want it too yellow or dark. I prefer the lighter gold tint.

Top Bottom