• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I hate Time Warner. Over the last two weeks we've had two techs out because after they went digital, half of our damn channels either don't or barely work. Tech #1 - put a cable amplifier in, and then had to attenuate its signal at all of our cable boxes. Seemed to work for about four days and quit. Then Tech #2 takes half of them off. Then yesterday, a cable box fritzes out and I spend two hours on the damn phone for a guy to tell me that the box died.

Don't even ask me about their bills.

So, I take the dead box to Time Warner to exchange it. I couldn't even see through the front door. Biggest 30.06 sign I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the only other cable company in town is Grande, who's main office went underwater during the recent floods here. You know where their servers were? Bottom floor. I'm looking for alternatives.

P.S. mini rant - don't buy 100 round boxes of primers that aren't taped. Bought a few hundred small pistol primers, got home and realized one box looked funny - the cover was poking up. No tape - only 5-6 were missing - no biggie. Maybe more of a suggestion than a rant.
    Venture Surplus ad

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I haven't had tech problems with them, but I agree, their services cost way too much. When we went to streaming services, I called them to cancel the cable service. They cut the bill in half and gave us 12 months of some movie channels for free, however, after the promotional period is up, we will get rid of them. To be honest, I couldn't tell you the last time, since we switched, that I actually watched anything on cable. My wife has, but nothing she says she couldn't live without.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I hate Time Warner. Over the last two weeks we've had two techs out because after they went digital, half of our damn channels either don't or barely work. Tech #1 - put a cable amplifier in, and then had to attenuate its signal at all of our cable boxes. Seemed to work for about four days and quit. Then Tech #2 takes half of them off. Then yesterday, a cable box fritzes out and I spend two hours on the damn phone for a guy to tell me that the box died.

So, I take the dead box to Time Warner to exchange it. I couldn't even see through the front door. Biggest 30.06 sign I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the only other cable company in town is Grande, who's main office went underwater during the recent floods here. You know where their servers were? Bottom floor. I'm looking for alternatives.

P.S. mini rant - don't buy 100 round boxes of primers that aren't taped. Bought a few hundred small pistol primers, got home and realized one box looked funny - the cover was poking up. No tape - only 5-6 were missing - no biggie. Maybe more of a suggestion than a rant.

Ditch the cable, get internet only and grab a chromecast for ever tv and get a hulu and a netflix account. If you really want grab a digital antenna for network programming. Much less hassle and you don't have to worry about the bundle rate hikes after the flashy promo period.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I wouldn't use their service if they gave it to me free AND paid me............they aint worth a damn!

I'm worry about you lately. You really need to say what you mean and not hold back.
    scared-smiley-emoticon.gif

:roflfunny:

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    We always call at the end of the promotions. Then, we tell them we are switching to something else. They always seem to have a new promo going.
    I agree that their prices suck but, I watch a lot of TV.

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    About 5 years ago I had a cable card in a TV, I went to Direct TV so I didn't need the cable card, all I had was their internet service, so I called TW, they told me not to worry, they didn't want the card back. Fast forward to August 2014 when I moved to Texas, "where's your cable card?", I went thru the whole story, fine. I've been getting a bill every month since for the cost of the cable card, I call, they say they will try to get it removed, no luck. Can't talk to anyone that has the authority to remove the charge, that's a different division.

It will be a cold day in hell when I pay the bill, Oh, it will go to collections, who cares, like anyone pays attention to a cable bill.

Would I ever have anything to do with TW again, HELL NO.

Dennis

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    My mom and step dad had TW cable.
    When my step dad got cancer, I moved them out here and cancelled all their services, including TW cable.
    All was fine according to the CSR and even had a bill claiming zero balance.

My step father passed away about 6 months later.

Another 6 months goes by and all of a sudden a collection agency begins calling wanting payment of $16, a partial month of TW services.
    I explain the man is dead.
    "That doesn't excuse him of paying his debt."
    That just rubbed me wrong.
    After a few more calls, I explained he had a new residence, they asked for the address and I gave them the address for the cemetery.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America

Time warner is a rash that you pay too much for. Drop them like a bad habit and you'll be happier.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Just so you know... a lot of folks say "cut the cable, use the Internet", a lot of those same folks talk about moving waaay out in the country. News flash - no unlimited Internet waaay out in the country. Just so you know...

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Just so you know... a lot of folks say "cut the cable, use the Internet", a lot of those same folks talk about moving waaay out in the country. News flash - no unlimited Internet waaay out in the country. Just so you know...
    And the Internet with dish sucks so hard. I'm on it now and in town, it doesn't matter that I'm in town because it's coming in from space.

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    Years ago we had ATT U-verse come in. We had Directv but swapped for the ability of getting 4 channels. We had nothing but trouble for the first two weeks. Make a long story short, the tech had to replace the connectors on the inside wiring at each wall outlet. That corrected most of the problems but still had the picture degrade intermittently. Next tech out found a bad ground on the outside of the house that went to the box that connected the cable to the house cabling. After that we never had a problem that was worth remembering.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    My mom and step dad had TW cable.
    When my step dad got cancer, I moved them out here and cancelled all their services, including TW cable.
    All was fine according to the CSR and even had a bill claiming zero balance.

My step father passed away about 6 months later.

Another 6 months goes by and all of a sudden a collection agency begins calling wanting payment of $16, a partial month of TW services.
    I explain the man is dead.
    "That doesn't excuse him of paying his debt."
    That just rubbed me wrong.
    After a few more calls, I explained he had a new residence, they asked for the address and I gave them the address for the cemetery.

yer a good man & sorry for yer loss.............................but that's some funny shit right there Bigun, touché...

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I hate Time Warner.
    Join the club and get in line. When the promo period ends I always tell them what AT&T U-verse is willing to do to get me as a customer and TW, so far, gives me their current promotion. When They stop I will switch the U-verse and go back and forth between the 2 to get the best deal. Neither seems to understand that customer retention is more profitable that customer acquisition. Total clowns, both of them.

Top Bottom