• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Today, I am going to start cleaning my firearms. I only have a few in my apartment, the others are in four different secure storage locations. You may not keep all of your eggs in one basket, I do not keep all of my guns at one location, I think less likely they are to all be stolen. I'll probably pick up some of those others up later and continue on them as well, once I finish the ones in my abode.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Nothing like the scent of
    1719510016844.jpeg

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Today, I am going to start cleaning my firearms. I only have a few in my apartment, the others are in four different secure storage locations. You may not keep all of your eggs in one basket, I do not keep all of my guns at one location, I think less likely they are to all be stolen. I'll probably pick up some of those others up later and continue on them as well, once I finish the ones in my abode.
    Been thinking about that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I did that yesterday....just a basic wipedown with an oiled paper towel to get off the surface dust and put a light oil coat. One gun I thought I had already cleaned was fairly dirty, so it got more attention.

It's good to go over your guns from time to time, even if you haven't shot them in awhile.
    Agree. Get them out and oil them periodically even if not shot in a while.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    I'm one of those who clean their gun after every range trip. Doesn't matter if I ran one round through it or 1,000. It gets cleaned when I get home. Then twice a year I get out all my guns and give them another cleaning and wipe down with frog lube.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    To each their own but I think some people clean their guns too much. If guns are going into storage, then by all means, give them the white glove treatment; otherwise, a wipe down after use and a field strip/clean every once in a while should be sufficient.

Hoppes will always be a nostalgic favorite but I have almost completely switched over to CLP. With that said, I still use Hoppes for gloss blued steel and walnut classics.

***more power to you if you get a kick out of white gloving your firearms after every range trip. My dad was like that. I think he enjoyed being left alone while he was cleaning too.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    I'll admit to enjoying the cleaning process. I don't believe that it is an absolute must to clean after every trip but it was how I was raised and that was one of the few lessons my father taught me that actually stuck.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I bought some Ballistol a few years ago and still have it. The weird smell just turned me off.
    If you were closer, I'd give you the bottle.
    That’s be great I have no idea what it smells like after I got sick 4 years ago I lost my smell to a few things that’s one of them.
    I can still smell hoppes though which is good.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom