• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Has anyone done any training with Tiger Valley Training? Looks like they offer classes in Waco. I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience and would recommend or not.
    Texas SOT

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Next year I have budgeted money for a few classes and based on what I have read TV is at the top of list for me. I'm also planning on attending their bug out drill next year.

What are you looking to do?

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    I have only heard good things from people who have used the facility (all 3 of them) FWIW. I would like to take a couple of the classes they offer.

Craig

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Has anybody taken there pistol class?

I am thinking about taking the one in March. I dont know if i should be worry or happy that they recommend 1600 rounds of ammo

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    If you want to play you gotta pay, but I know what you mean I have been looking for a good place to take some classes too. No harm intended

Thats alot of payin lol. I got alot of my experience from being in the military and shooting 3 gun, am thinking about a class to get alot sharper ya know but that is quite a expense.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Has anyone done any training with Tiger Valley Training? Looks like they offer classes in Waco. I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience and would recommend or not.

It seems everyone and their brother has hung out a shingle and claims to be a firearms instructor these days. I am extremely skeptical of "firearms" instructors. That said, The few of them I trust have nothing but good things to say about Tiger Valley. I would not hesitate to take a class from TJ at Tiger Valley.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    It seems everyone and their brother has hung out a shingle and claims to be a firearms instructor these days. I am extremely skeptical of "firearms" instructors. That said, The few of them I trust have nothing but good things to say about Tiger Valley. I would not hesitate to take a class from TJ at Tiger Valley.

That means alot coming from you TI thanks for the advice.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Here is Level 1 pistol

Instructor: TJ Pilling

Duration: 2 Days

Course Fee: $350
    Pre-Register: $325 (14 Day Advanced Payment)

Course Description:

The Level 1 Tactical Pistol Course is designed to introduce the shooter to sound basic skills. Shooters are drawn through the skills needed to safely deploy a handgun. We will move through this class in a simple to complex manner. Topics start with basic shooting fundamentals such as grip, stance and trigger control. Students are individually evaluated to demonstrate their ability of accuracy, and consistency. Within a short time the student will be introduced to drawing from a holster, proper weapons manipulation, malfunction techniques, and reloading.

As this class progresses, multiple targets are added to instruct the student on the proper engagement of one, two, and three target engagements. The student will also master moving and shooting techniques and target assessment. Moving targets will also be incorporated as well as the importance of the use of cover. As the class progresses we will use a timer to evaluate the progress of each shooter. When this class is completed, each shooter should progress in his or her ability to safely handle and deploy a handgun in any given situation.

EQUIPMENT
    MANDATORY
    Pistol (9mm Minimum)
    1600 Rounds Ammo
    Three Pistol Magazines and Pouches
    Cleaning Supplies
    Copper and Powder Solvent
    Eye and Ear Protection
    All-weather Clothing

Optional
    Elbow and Knee Pads
    Water/Snacks
    -Back-up Pistol

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Level 1 Carbine

Instructor: TJ Pilling

Duration: 2 Days

Course Fee: $350
    Pre-Register: $325 (14 Day Advanced Payment)

Course Description:

The Level - 1 Carbine Course is designed to introduce the shooter to sound basic skills. Shooters are drawn through the skills needed to safely deploy a Rifle. We will move through this class in a simple to complex manner. Topics start with basic shooting fundamentals such as grip, stance and trigger control. Students are individually evaluated to demonstrate their ability of accuracy, and consistency.

Within a short time the student will be introduced to proper weapons manipulation, techniques of malfunctions, and reloading. As this class progresses, multiple targets are added to instruct the student on the proper engagement of one, two, and three target engagements. The student will also master moving and shooting techniques and target assessment. Moving targets will also be incorporated as well as the importance of the use of cover.

As the course progresses, the student will learn techniques of transitioning to their secondary weapon. (Pistol) We will use a timer to evaluate the progress of each shooter. Shooters will engage targets from contact to 300 yards. When this class is completed, each shooter should progress in his or her ability to safely handle and deploy a rifle in any given situation.

Carbine Rifle
    1200 Rounds Rifle Ammo
    Three Rifle Magazines and Pouches
    Handgun (9mm Minimum)
    200 Pistol Rounds
    Handgun Holster
    Three Pistol Magazines and Pouches
    Rifle Sling
    Weapons Cleaning Gear
    Eye and Ear Protection
    All-weather Clothing

Optional
    Elbow and Knee Pads
    Water/Snacks

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW

I am trying to get a sense of what they are going to teach. I might give them a call and talk it over with them.

Factoring in Class, ammo, hotel, and everything else it can get expensive.

Top Bottom