• toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    FEMA is the generator and fuel agency.
    If DOE asks, FEMA will deliver.

Yep. DOE will tell FEMA what to do. It’s amazing how much power that little agency has.

ETA: DOE is one of exactly two Federal agencies that can direct DoD to do something without going thru the national command authority.

I don’t know what that contributes to the discussion though.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    You are making a wrong headed assumption my well meaning friend.
    While in part you are right, a box of 22s will shoot lots of game and feed mouths... providing that there is game in the first place. When a wide spread SHTF or TEOTWAWKI event happens and every swinging pecker head from every town big or small with a rifle hits the woods to go after those squirrels, rabbits, deer, ...whatever, it won’t take long before there isn’t anything.
    My dad told me what it was like right after the Great Depression, when people poached game animals for food. He said that there wasn’t much to be had.
    Look at the records, in the early 1900s there were basically no white tails left. If it weren’t for increased hunting restrictions and conservation work, the heard wouldn’t have come back.
    So, don’t bet your families lives on a box of 22 and a rifle for food when the BIG one hits. You’d better have some sort back up plan.

Further more, unless you have lots of privately owned land, where is the average person going to get their game in a SHTF situation?
    If you go trodding off across some ranchers place with a rifle, you might get your head blown off by the rancher who is also aware of the SHTF situation and is determined to protect his land and resources against poachers....
    With no supplies and no ammunition can you tell me what your plan is for the SHTF situation? Like when the grocery store shelves are empty.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Lol

It’ll be just like in the vidja games.

Buncha sillyness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tell that to the people in Venezuela. They had more money than they knew what to do with 3 years ago and now they've ate the pets and can't wipe their butts.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Danish Style canned hams cost about the same as Spam,but more in the can. Also instant coffee,as bad as it is. Bottled fruit juice, Twinkie's last forever. Or, go to an military surplus supply and get MRE's.
    Mre's require heating source and are expensive.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    This came up already upthread - it was stated that the plants have enough backup generator time to shut the reactors down and make them safe. I would certainly hope so.... and if that weren't the case, it would beg the question "why were they built in the first place?".
    Replacement for fossil fuels. That was the need for the creation of the global warming theory. It wasn't true but was to get people of fossil on to nuclear and public reaction killed it.

Then the grant money was so good they couldn't let the money dry up, so the story continued and we ended up with Gore's the earth is dying because of global warming The rest is history.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    MRE's have a built in heating source

Most since about 2001 have the heating packet. Prior to that it’s a crapshoot and I don’t recall what year they added the heat packet.

Still needs a small amount of water of any sort to activate the packet.

But you can eat them room temp, too.

Top Bottom