• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    If I were to buy a new 10/22 today, it would be a takedown.
    I think it would be a great gun to take along camping or kayaking.

What I don't get though is the takedown version of the Charger.
    For when you absolutely, positively GOT to fit that bitch into a shoe box.
    Guns International

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    Who Dat Baby!!!!

I was born and raised in New Orleans before moving to Katy in October 2010.

Now that I am here, I see what all the fuss about Texas is. I should have left NOLA sooner.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the city. I just think this is a better place to raise 4 daughters. It is aligned better with my beliefs as well. God fearing, gun loving, conservative.

I miss the food and some of the friends, but the rest (crime, corruption, etc.) they can have.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.
    Woo dat in indeed! We left years ago b/c of the crime. Had three bikes stolen, car broken into and don't get me started on just generally feeling unsafe. Go back to see family often and for the food and music but I have a wife and 6 yr old daughter to keep safe. Texans are a very inviting and laid back bunch and have made it easy to call this place home.

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    I wrote an article of my thoughts after testing a Takedown model: https://1022companion.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/thoughts-on-the-takedown-model/.

Bottom line: Unless you have a need to transport or store it in a small package, I recommend the standard 10/22 over the Takedown. I think the standard model will last longer, and except for the storage/transport feature I don't see anything about the TD that justifies the price premium.
    I can appreciate what you're saying about wanting a takedown with more power than a 22. That said, there are lots of people that want a lightweight 22 for hiking, small game hunting, etc. (more fun than power needed). I have a lot of fun taking out my Marlin 22LR but it has it's place vs. my medium and big bore lever action and semi auto rifles.

We have plans to offer a custom Marlin Lever Action take-down but feel that our design should improve on what's already being offered, while hopefully also being more affordable. And of course, as with all our customs, we want a reasonable turnaround time too. Once we have the R&D time and budget to tackle both issues we'll start working on it.

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    I picked up a TD with Walnut stock from the Gun Zone in Mesquite. They had it on display for quite a while and it didn't sell, so they lowered the price to a number that I couldn't refuse. Bought it for my grandson and he loves it. Shoots nice. Will be looking to make some modifications to it soon.
    Sounds pretty cool. Got any photos?

BigDBasser

#OMHIWDMB
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Mesquite
    Sounds pretty cool. Got any photos?

No pictures. Never figured out how to post them on the forum. I have barely come into the 20th century with electronics, I'm not even close to the 21st century yet. Trying to take a picture on my phone and getting it on this forum is much too complicated for this old man. The 22 is pretty.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    For when you absolutely, positively GOT to fit that bitch into a shoe box.
    L'dMAO seriously!!

I'm thinking seriously about one of the Innovative Arms integrally-suppressed 10/22 takedowns .
    Or you could wait just a smidge longer and buy a regular takedown in whatever color scheme you like and put a Gemtech Integrally suppressed takedown barrel on it.:usflag:

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Iam looking at one of these Hogue Bull barrel takedown stocks-

890234.jpg

And a Gemtech Mist Integral Takedown barrel that is supposed to in the stores any time now...

Gemtech-mist-22.jpg

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    . . .

Or you could wait just a smidge longer and buy a regular takedown in whatever color scheme you like and put a Gemtech Integrally suppressed takedown barrel on it.:usflag:
    In any case, I don't really think that Gemtech has done an integrally-suppressed barrel for the takedown rifle yet.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    In any case, I don't really think that Gemtech has done an integrally-suppressed barrel for the takedown rifle yet.
    Jeremy from the Silencer Shop posted this the end of July. The actual Gemtech Mist TD version was shown at this years shot show...

Takedown version is just shipping to distributors. I don't have an ETA for you, sorry about that.

Top Bottom