• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AquilisBlasco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    Laredo, Texas
    As you guys may know, Ruger released the 10/22 takedown a while ago. We received a couple at the shop I work at just the other day. What are your thoughts? Should I just go with the original 10/22? One thing I really like is how easy it is to clean the 10/22 takedown. Biased and unbiased opinions welcome.
    ARJ Defense ad

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Have SS with threaded barrel. When I bought it they were very rare. They seem less so now. I like it with the custom case, and one day I will get a chance to shoot it. My other 10/22's still have plenty of life left in them, I just wish I had plenty of ammo for them....

AquilisBlasco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    Laredo, Texas
    Well I've got bricks and bricks of .22 so I like stocking up on rifles. I don't resell my rounds. Just keep em for the ranch. I think I'll be getting that threaded barrel 10/22 tomorrow then. Just bought a GSG 522 for 220 bucks too, love it.

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    The Ruger 10/22 is a good rifle but I've always been partial to Marlin rifles. Here's a photo of my Marlin 22LR Papoose with some aftermarket parts: Williams sights, free float hand guard, indexing accessory collar, rail, 2 point sling and a bipod.

683720_4238f392025f4d1094eb742556c5a0f9.jpg_srz_p_978_316_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I have the stainless model with the black plastic furniture. It's great. I have been tinkering with it. It's very accurate at 50yds with cci standard velocity. I sent the bolt to que, and the barrel off to be threaded. I put a vq bolt catch and hammer. It's very nice. I would suggest it to anyone.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The Ruger 10/22 is a good rifle but I've always been partial to Marlin rifles. Here's a photo of my Marlin 22LR Papoose with some aftermarket parts: Williams sights, free float hand guard, indexing accessory collar, rail, 2 point sling and a bipod.

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen a Papoose that "done up" before. Very cool!

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    I have the stainless model with the black plastic furniture. It's great. I have been tinkering with it. It's very accurate at 50yds with cci standard velocity. I sent the bolt to que, and the barrel off to be threaded. I put a vq bolt catch and hammer. It's very nice. I would suggest it to anyone.

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen a Papoose that "done up" before. Very cool!

Thanks! I see we're both from Louisiana originally. Cool. Most of my family is still there in New Orleans and on the Northshore (relocated there after Katrina). Happy to show you the gun up close if you're ever in Cypress.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks! I see we're both from Louisiana originally. Cool. Most of my family is still there in New Orleans and on the Northshore (relocated there after Katrina). Happy to show you the gun up close if you're ever in Cypress.

Cool! I was born and raised about 50 moles south of N.O.

I'm thinking about bringing my CZ527 in to you to see about re-crowning the barrel, so I may see you within the next couple weeks. Are y'all open on the weekends?

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Who Dat Baby!!!!

I was born and raised in New Orleans before moving to Katy in October 2010.

Now that I am here, I see what all the fuss about Texas is. I should have left NOLA sooner.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the city. I just think this is a better place to raise 4 daughters. It is aligned better with my beliefs as well. God fearing, gun loving, conservative.

I miss the food and some of the friends, but the rest (crime, corruption, etc.) they can have.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    Who Dat Baby!!!!

I was born and raised in New Orleans before moving to Katy in October 2010.

Now that I am here, I see what all the fuss about Texas is. I should have left NOLA sooner.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the city. I just think this is a better place to raise 4 daughters. It is aligned better with my beliefs as well. God fearing, gun loving, conservative.

I miss the food and some of the friends, but the rest (crime, corruption, etc.) they can have.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Who Dat back atcha! We love Texas too and love all of the things you mention. We have a 6 year old daughter - first born family member in Texas - and love our neighbors and the safety of our community. We go back to N.O. often to visit family, enjoy the music and partake in the cuisine. Every Spring, we get mudbugs from Cajun Connection (flown in from LA) and have a neighborhood crawfish boil in the cul-de-sac. Have yet to find anyone in Houston that boils them up right - they just sprinkle Zatarain's on top of plain, boiled crawfish. Not the same at all!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    mudbugs from Cajun Connection (flown in from LA)

Last time I checked, Danny was driving an F250, not a Cessna. LOL...I am a long-time customer of theirs.

But you're right about boiling them right...either they just don't know how to do it right, or are too lazy to learn.

Anyway, probably should stop hijacking this thread. Glad to know y'all are open on Saturdays....huge bonus!

Thanks,
    Pete

FiremanBob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2015
    I wrote an article of my thoughts after testing a Takedown model: https://1022companion.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/thoughts-on-the-takedown-model/.

Bottom line: Unless you have a need to transport or store it in a small package, I recommend the standard 10/22 over the Takedown. I think the standard model will last longer, and except for the storage/transport feature I don't see anything about the TD that justifies the price premium.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    If I were to buy a new 10/22 today, it would be a takedown.
    I think it would be a great gun to take along camping or kayaking.

What I don't get though is the takedown version of the Charger.

BigDBasser

#OMHIWDMB
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Mesquite
    I picked up a TD with Walnut stock from the Gun Zone in Mesquite. They had it on display for quite a while and it didn't sell, so they lowered the price to a number that I couldn't refuse. Bought it for my grandson and he loves it. Shoots nice. Will be looking to make some modifications to it soon.

Top Bottom