• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diablo2109

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2024
    North San Antonio Area
    Calling all 1911 Owners! I am in a dilemma regarding my SIG 1911 OG Traditional. It is a beautiful gun and a rare one from what I understand. SIG only produced 300 with a gray slide and 300 in the OD green (1911TCA-45-TT-OD). Should I hang on to it or let someone else enjoy it?
    thumbnail_IMG_0625.jpg

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Are their 1911 regarded as valuable?

I never thought about them being valuable just kind of a mid level value. I'd prefer a SIG 1911 over a Kimber or Springfield Armory.

Some people don't like them because of the SIG styling and external extractor but I thought they were awesome shooters.

While the 1911 SIG makes is cool, I still love the classic P220. I'm still interested in trying the P227 and I'll get one eventually.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    None of my 45acp Sig Sauers are 1911 types.

Are their 1911 regarded as valuable?
    Not sure on their resale but I have two and they are what I would consider high quality.

Pros:
    • Slide fit is exceptional
    • No MIM parts (from what I have been told and found in my research)
    • Frontstrap checkering is perfect
    • Overall build quality is very good
    Cons:
    • Series 80 trigger can be harder to lighten up / make nice imo. I converted the Ultra Compact I have to 70 and the trigger pull went from 4.75 to 3lbs.
    idc about external extractors so thats neither a pro or con for me

I would put their build quality over a Colt but definitely less than a Dan Wesson. I also don't know if all of their 1911s are Series 80s but my STX and Ultra Compact are.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I never thought about them being valuable just kind of a mid level value. I'd prefer a SIG 1911 over a Kimber or Springfield Armory.

Some people don't like them because of the SIG styling and external extractor but I thought they were awesome shooters.

While the 1911 SIG makes is cool, I still love the classic P220. I'm still interested in trying the P227 and I'll get one eventually.
    I was going to say being a cranky old bastard I relate .45 acp and Sig as a 220 built in West Germany.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I'm surprised at comments on the external extractor. John Browning himself moved to an external extractor on the HiPower. It's better than the internal version, which has traditionally been a weak point on the 1911. I say traditionally because better quality metals and heat treatment can make them last a very long time.

As for Series 80, that's what happens when lawyers are allowed to get involved in pistol design. It's not a horrible design, but it definitely affects trigger pull in a negative way.

Keep or sell? Guns are made to be shot. If it's a "safe queen", then it had better be some very desirable commemorative issue. Your pistol does not meet that criteria. If you don't love it enough to exercise it, then it should go to someone who will love it enough to take it to the range.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MAFA707
    Top Bottom