TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    Which is your dominant eye?

I'm a lefty, but right eye dominant.

I've never tried a left handed bolt action
    To be honest I don't have much experience using a scope so I can't say for sure what eye is dominant. I guess I could try with my right eye and see how it goes. It will probably make it easier in finding a rifle lol.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm glad to know so many of y'all have had good luck with your Mossberg rifles. A friend of mine got one of those MVP patrol rifles and after shooting it a fair amount, I put it in the hot garbage category. I tried all kinds of ammo in it and it wouldn't group for shit. Left a bad taste in my mouth for sure and I've kind of looked down on Mossberg since.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    Ha! According to that triangle test my right is my dominant eye. That's probably going to be a B with a scope because I have had a lot of surgeries on my right and my eye lid doesn't fully open anymore like it does with my left. Perhaps with good enough eye relief it won't look like my eye lashes are getting in the way lol. To be completely honest when you said "dominant eye" I thought you meant which eye I see the best out of haha. I guess no left handed bolt action is needed.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I have a Mossberg model 336 lever action rifle in .30-30; bought it new in 2000, shortly after moving the family to Texas after spending 11-12 years on overseas assignments. Shot one deer and a pig with it over the next couple years. Since then I've loaned it to a few friends/acquaintances for short periods of time. Its spent most of its time in my gun safe, just taken it out for regular cleaning/oiling. I've had it out to the range once or twice in the past 4-5 years; otherwise its had it pretty easy.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I'm glad to know so many of y'all have had good luck with your Mossberg rifles. A friend of mine got one of those MVP patrol rifles and after shooting it a fair amount, I put it in the hot garbage category. I tried all kinds of ammo in it and it wouldn't group for shit. Left a bad taste in my mouth for sure and I've kind of looked down on Mossberg since.
    Almost bought an MVP. The Ruger Gunsite was significantly more expensive. Found one used for a hell of a deal so bought it. Shame that MVP sucked. It's a cool design and checked all the boxes I was looking for when I picked up the .308 Scout.

Top Bottom