ARJ Defense ad

This article claims Obama's skeet shooting picture is a fake. Interesting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Many claimed to have seen something heading towards, and hit the plane before it exploded.

The front of the plane separated and fell causing the back 2/3 to climb sharply before crashing back down.

I don't remember the official cause, surprised I remember that much from '96. I was only about 13 yrs old I think.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Neither, I'm saying you have proof, in the form of your friend's story, that the photo is real. I'm saying I have proof, via the same means, that TWA 800 was accidentally shot down by a Navy cruiser.
    The photo referenced above is suspicious, based on several valid points pointed out in this thread.
    The story about the cruiser shooting down an airliner in '96 is suspicious for a lot of reasons as well.

The point is, unless you or I were present, at either event, we can not say with absolute authority that either event occurred.

Make sense?

If your friend in the Navy was on the cruiser, and watched the missile impact the airliner, then I would believe your story.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    If your friend in the Navy was on the cruiser, and watched the missile impact the airliner, then I would believe your story.

Then we are in agreement.

For the record, I believe the photo is genuine. However, I don't believe the context is genuine. What I mean is, it's a genuine photo of the man shooting a shotgun. More likely for the photo op than at clays.

Also, fwiw, my friend was indeed on the cruiser.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The first thing that came to mind when I saw obama's shotgun pic, was a range out in FL where they shoot skeet at. Some professional championship skeet shooter guy setup a public range there and he does have a drop on his range causing you to be pointing more frontwards than upwards. Either way-I still think obama was just doing a photo-op and probably missed every clay target he shot at.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Lol. No way. The government lefty from Hawaii who vouched for him. Maybe it was the governor. I don't remember. Lol. Seriously though I think onummer hates us and sees us as ignorant rednecks.

Old Timer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Rio Grande Valley
    If it was a double-barrel side-by-side, I can see why the side smoke only went to the right, assuming he was shooting the right side. But still, that high shoulder rest? It seems odd to this gun neophyte!
    It's not side by side. The Browning Citori is over under. The plum that appears to be going sideways is actually going up. It is just an illusion of perspective that makes it appear to be going sideways. The top barrel on the Browning Citori ports upward.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It's not side by side. The Browning Citori is over under. The plum that appears to be going sideways is actually going up. It is just an illusion of perspective that makes it appear to be going sideways. The top barrel on the Browning Citori ports upward.

I disagree with plume going UP. It may be going up at @ 30^ to horizontal but the major direction appears to be sideways.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    The pics I posted on page 2 are of o/u guns and both have the smoke off to the side, or top, whichever it is...

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    As a long time shotgunner let me assure you that a sholder shot like the one posted of Obama is possible under competiton as well as hunting scenarios. I seriously doubt Obama does either. If this photo is real and not some photo cropped picture, it was probably a one time photo op.
    Sporting Clays originated in Europe back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. It spread to the US in the mid 80s because it offered a refreshing change from the more rigid Trap and Skeet competitons.
    During that time I was a serious shotgun competitor. In my last registered competition I shot in an NSSA registered skeet shoot down by Waco. I shot 99 out of the possible 100 targets thrown during my round. I didn't even make the top 8 in the Class "A" 12 gauge event. That is how rigid skeet has become. Trap is not quite as bad, but you still need to be in the top 90% to trophy.
    Sporting Clays is fun recreation, but I have witnessed way to much cheating since it is a self regulated scoring event.

java

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    here
    I have witnessed way to much cheating since it is a self regulated scoring event

That describes obuma to a "T"

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    I have no doubt that the photo is of big O shooting a shotgun. What would be the point of faking it? A fake is easily discovered, and just going out and shooting a shotgun is pretty easy. Now whether he is actually shooting clays, who cares?

Top Bottom