Hurley's Gold

Thinking of getting an AR, any suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Im a big LMT fan you can by the upper and lower separate and save some bucks uppers can be had for under 5 on ar15.com and full lowers can be had for less than 4 out the door. For around a 1000 bucks you can have an outstanding rifle that you would have no worries about.
    Texas SOT

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    +1 for Del-ton, I have put together 4 kits from them with zero problems. Getting ready to build 2 more. Spikes lower, dti parts kit....

pigdave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I've got the know how to build my own, and can. But this is my first time to dive into the black rifle world.
    I'm looking at ordering a CMMG bargain bin chrome lined AR. Bargain Bin
    Does anyone here have any experience with these rifles or the company?
    I know they're mix matched parts but any opinions are helpful.
    I've generally been prejudice about black rifles but the price on these seems too good to pass for a no frills flat top.
    Also any suggestions on which operate cleaner and more reliably would help as well.

Shop around online and at gun shows. And be patient for a good deal. I wouldn't throw down alot of money for my first AR. But I wouldn't go bargain bin either. Go to gun shows when you have the chance and check out all the different makes and models that way you have a good idea of what you're looking at when you shop online. Different aspects might tickle your fancy as you browse in person at a gun show. Just my $.02.

kk/go army

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Rockwall county
    I've got the know how to build my own, and can. But this is my first time to dive into the black rifle world.
    I'm looking at ordering a CMMG bargain bin chrome lined AR. Bargain Bin
    Does anyone here have any experience with these rifles or the company?
    I know they're mix matched parts but any opinions are helpful.
    I've generally been prejudice about black rifles but the price on these seems too good to pass for a no frills flat top.
    Also any suggestions on which operate cleaner and more reliably would help as well.

Well sir, to actually answer your question, CMMG is good kit. Nearly all AR's are mixed parts, if the parts are quality you're good to go. I fully endorse the AR platform, buy one and shoot the p-ss out of it, you'll likely love it. No DI gun runs clean, come to think of it, no piston gun runs clean either it just gets dirty in a different place, not to worry though just clean it every once in a while and any decent gun will give you many years of good service.
    Any of the name brand guns will serve you well.

Top Bottom