ARJ Defense ad

The Things You've Had And Wished You Still Had Them!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    bbbass,

Btw, reference the "mysterious blue Alpine", which was supposedly "lost for decades", it really wasn't a mystery as the widow of the R/E guy had it stored in a locked garage in SZ for over 20 years, after he was killed in a motorcycle wreck.= The widow certainly knew where it was, though she never drove it.
    (The next man, who bought it from the widow's estate, got drunk one night & "took out a tree" in France, so there is "supposedly" also a "death curse" on the blue roadster, too.)
    Thus all 3 of the first owners of the car died in a vehicle accident.
    (The last that I heard, the car has been completely restored & is to be put on permanent display in a British car museum.)

yours, satx
    Target Sports

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A pain-free back...

I injured my back earlier this February playing golf, and I have yet to recover fully.
    Constant, nagging back pain is the worst and I don't wish it on my worst enemy.

Chiropractors keep popping and aligning, popping, and aligning; and it just won't go away.

Ozzman, about the only thing that might cure your back is surgery. And it you let it go too long, you could end up like me where surgery is no longer an option and would do more damage than good.

Get your primary care doctor to schedule and MRI and a referral to a good neurologist and neuro-surgeon for a consultation.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Some time with a few friends who left this earth way too soon.

Glenn B,

How VERY WELL I understand that post. - In my case, I had NINE roommates in boarding school & we all had dreams of what we would be when we grew up AND what we would do when we were together again at reunions.
    ALL NINE are "gone to GLORY" now & I miss them still.

I lost my "roomies", who were more like brothers than roommates, at: 18 (Asthma attack), 19 (KIA-RVN), 22 (DoW-RVN), 26 (Drowned, while on R&R in Thailand), 29 (MURDERED in South America, while a missionary), 33 (Motorcycle wreck), 41 (COPD) , 42 (O/D on prescription sleeping pills) & 66 (Heart Attack).
    (Clayton R___________, who died at 66, & I had long planned to go to WY to hunt elk just 2 weeks after he died. - NO, I didn't go hunting.)

yours, satx

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    After a post like that I feel silly saying my Para P14 LTD. If I really missed it I'd buy another. Just material possessions.

I'll throw this one out.
    My son has 2 middle names, named after my wife's grandfather and my grandfather. They both passed away while my wife was pregnant with our first and only son.

Both were great men, veterans of the navy and army, and I often wish my children knew those two men.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Ozzman, about the only thing that might cure your back is surgery. And it you let it go too long, you could end up like me where surgery is no longer an option and would do more damage than good.

Get your primary care doctor to schedule and MRI and a referral to a good neurologist and neuro-surgeon for a consultation.
    Yep... Not the first time I have heard this also.
    I will be looking into it before the end of the year.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    A fully polished (Ex-OSBI) S&W Model 65 "snubbie",

1958 YELLOW JACKET runabout with Mark78A Mercury OB on a custom-made trailer,

1929 Ford Model A "standard" roadster,
    (I paid 100.oo for it when is was 15YO.= 1st car that I bought myself.)

1957 HUDSON METROPOLITAN roadster in PINK & WHITE
    (I had that roadster in college & you had to drive 40MPH to keep pretty coeds from trying to get in for a ride. = Usual comment: "It's just too cute. = I LOVE IT!!!".)

and

1923 Ford Model TT truck.

yours, satx
    The Yellow Jackets were cool boats.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Coop45,

YES, they were. = In 1961, ROY ROGERS (YES, the movie/cowboy star) & the COO of YJ entered & WON the CATALINA ISLAND RACE in a 16 foot Yellow Jacket runabout (that anyone with 700.oo could buy from the factory at that time) & a PAIR of HOTROD MERCURY "tall 6-banger " (I think that they were Mark 800 "direct reverse" engines, with racing mods.) outboards.
    (At that time, ROY ROGERS owned HALF of YELLOW JACKET.)

"Back in the day", YELLOW JACKET boats were, with excellent reason, commonly called: The DENISON HOTROD.

As far as I know that about 60YO speed record STILL STANDS from "way back then".

NOTE: YJ did NOT mold their own hulls. - Another outside company molded the hulls W/O the transom/furniture/interior/seats installed, so that various makers could buy/complete/finish their boats to their taste. = The UNFINISHED molded plywood hulls arrived from the maker on a specially built trailer & stacked up to as many as 50 hulls deep.
    SEVERAL companies in TX other than YJ used the SAME unfinished hulls & some were up to 20 feet long.

I've looked for YEARS & YEARS for a HOLMAN 20 foot runabout, that is in restorable condition. - NO LUCK so far.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Coop45,

FWIW, Linda-Jean R from Jasper, a HOT brunette barrel racer & cowboy chaser (who I once dated), said of the YJ & Mark 78 to a GF, "That thing takes off so fast that it will smooth tear your panties off." & "It's PURE DEE HOT SEX in the shape of a boat."

yours, satx

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Coop45,

FWIW, Linda-Jean R from Jasper, a HOT brunette barrel racer & cowboy chaser (who I once dated), said of the YJ & Mark 78 to a GF, "That thing takes off so fast that it will smooth tear your panties off." & "It's PURE DEE HOT SEX in the shape of a boat."

yours, satx

My neighbor had one when I was a kid.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    There is one think I do miss, were the years I raced amateur motocross. I loved the adrenaline high I got from racing. I enjoyed the fear of going higher and further and faster on the jumps. I liked the feeling of winning. I felt alive.

I have gotten old and unable to do it anymore. Hell, I got too old for it many years ago! But one thing I have, are the memories, and I can still relive them in my mind.

There are many things we might wish we could have back, but we know it's not going to happen, but the one thing that can't be taken away, are the memories of those times and things, and the places they took place. And we can sit back, at any time, relive them, and cherish them. Those memories take me back to the special people in my life at that time, some who are no longer here anymore.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    There is one think I do miss, were the years I raced amateur motocross. I loved the adrenaline high I got from racing. I enjoyed the fear of going higher and further and faster on the jumps. I liked the feeling of winning. I felt alive.

I have gotten old and unable to do it anymore. Hell, I got too old for it many years ago! But one thing I have, are the memories, and I can still relive them in my mind.

There are many things we might wish we could have back, but we know it's not going to happen, but the one thing that can't be taken away, are the memories of those times and things, and the places they took place. And we can sit back, at any time, relive them, and cherish them. Those memories take me back to the special people in my life at that time, some who are no longer here anymore.
    While hunting in africa the adrenaline buzzes needed plenty of drinks around the boma @ night to get any sleep. Feeling elephant & rhinos foot step before seeing them was always cool!

Top Bottom