• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    My tx22 gets filthy at 200 rounds. I fire primarily Stingers handles them perfectly. Big grins always. Anyone worn one out yet... how many rounds total have you heard about?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I have one also, I changed the recoil rod and spring in mine. Bought the original when it came out. Mine didn't have the problem with Barrel that a lot had. It's one of the best 22s on the market.

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    I was upset by the price of 9MM and I bought mine (along with a $99 Heritage 22LR revolver, also a super fun gun to shoot) during a 2023 Thanksgiving sale and darn it if it's not one of most reliable pistols I own.

I have a Beretta 92FS and and a Sig P365 each with about 1500 rounds through them and this budget 22 rimfire pistol is giving them a run for their money.

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I've got one.... absolutely reliable. More than reasonably accurate. You pick it up, and you think it's unloaded, with a full mag in it....

Mine will shoot standard velocity, MiniMags, subsonics.... I think the only time I had one not have enough push to cycle the slide all the way back was with the CCI quiet load.... it was either that one or the subsonic, but I'm pretty sure it was the "quiet" load.

But, good grief, everything else just keeps on tickin'.... This was at 7 yds... not "rapid fire", but not slow and deliberate, either.

TX22 7yd.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    ....is awesome.

I know Taurus gets a lot of crap but this thing is amazing. 1000 rounds of the cheapest, crappiest 22 LR I have and no malfunctions; cleaned once at ~400 rounds because the thing was absolutely filthy. If you're thinking about buying one, just do it already.
    Yeah, but then I'd own a Taurus, a level of depravity I just can't tolerate. Good for you, though.

1725485753675.png

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I had a TX22 and the barrel leaded up. So I called Taurus and they sent me a new barrel that had the same leading problem as the original. When I called them again they would not send me another one.

I also noticed that the recoil spring was cutting into the slide. Instead of buying an aftermarket recoil spring I put an o-ring in front of the spring and that fixed that problem.

That was the third Taurus that I had owned and all 3 had problems. I won't buy another one.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    They seem to be pretty decent. It's hard to ignore the 5 extra rounds in a p322. After modding the hammer spring to cure the occasional light strike, it's been dead nuts reliable with or without a supressor.

Accurate enough to make a tune with it.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but the Kel-Tec P17 is surely equally as good, maybe even better, and can cost a little less.
    My wife's daily carry is a P-17 and she loves it. I think it feels like Mattel made it but it's deadass reliable and she is comfortable and proficient with it. The only issue I have is the magazine release (which she finds to be conveniently located), in that it's easy to release when holstering/drawing it. I had a kydex holster made for it since there is zero support in the industry. I had the guy create a channel on each side to leave clearance for the mag release. Works well and my wife likes it.

I like the compact TX-22 but want the higher capacity of the standard model. Do the 16 round mags work in the compact?

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I don't know the answer to that, but if you use the longer magazines, then all you really gain by getting the compact is about 1/2" shorter barrel.
    I thought about getting a compact, because I like my full size so much, but then compared them on the H Hero site, and found that there is not a huge difference in size....

Of course, sometimes it doesn't take a huge difference to completely change the "feel" of a pistol... especially for carry.

I don't plan to carry mine for defense..... it's mostly for carry when I'm out on my land... my copperhead repellent.. so the size really doesn't matter to me as much as the extra rounds do.

Top Bottom