• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Most suppressors we sell are far under 1K........

If the current situation was of free market fluctuation, sure...blame the manufacturers .........

Manufacturers are not dealing with a free and open market and the Government is causing this current rocky road.......Not just the manufacturers are dealing with the problem, but also their vendors and all the associated businesses in the industry. This includes local dealers, ect......I doubt gun trust attorneys have all their eggs in one basket......

SC-Texas has friends across the industry and is concerned for them....he is not opining about his personal situation.....

JMHO.....

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Cars are more heavily federally regulated than suppressors. Would you consider them an open and free market?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Cars are more heavily federally regulated than suppressors. Would you consider them an open and free market?
    Bad example - the PURCHASE of vehicles is not regulated at all, although their operation on PUBLIC roadways is. If my 3 year old had the wherewithal, funds, and determination he could buy a car, have it delivered, and drive it on private lands all he wanted.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    You're right....he's just bitching because his business is slow.........

Good grief....

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Bad example - the PURCHASE of vehicles is not regulated at all, although their operation on PUBLIC roadways is. If my 3 year old had the wherewithal, funds, and determination he could buy a car, have it delivered, and drive it on private lands all he wanted.
    And here I thought we were talking about the manufacturers, not the consumers.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Supply....Demand... Doesn't matter which side is getting screwed by govt, it's still not good for the market.

This shit ain't new to business tho. Be swift or be adrift.

41magnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    I cannot agree more about the HPA.
    I have a trust & finally got my other responsible party (the wife) to get fingerprints & photo.
    As soon as a check clears from a small liquidation of unused items I will be placing another order for a Rimfire suppressor.
    For those that choose to wait for the HPA, you have my best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41magnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    This is similar to a comment I hear from a person wanting a Garand I had on the blocks.
    He offered 40% less & made a comment that I'd be begging him to pay that when all those held off shore flooded the market.
    All I will say is much like the HPA, I will refuse to pass on a good deal for a suppressor, or a mil-surp that may want while waiting for the gov't.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    And here I thought we were talking about the manufacturers, not the consumers.
    GM manufactures the COPO Camaro. It can't ever be registered for use on public roadways, but buy it and you can do whatever you want with it. The only restrictions they voluntarily adhered to was by the racing sanctioning bodies for safety equipment. Next?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    GM manufactures the COPO Camaro. It can't ever be registered, but buy it and you can do whatever you want with it. The only restrictions they voluntarily adhered to was by the racing sanctioning bodies for safety equipment. Next?

I'm still waiting for you to get to a point.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    His point is quite obvious. You don't have to get approval from a government agency to buy a car or use it.

Your comparison of the auto industry to the suppressor industry is not applicable.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    His point is quite obvious. You don't have to get approval from a government agency to buy a car or use it.

Your comparison of the auto industry to the suppressor industry is not applicable.
    My vehicle registration costs more than the stamp.

I need one every year as well as an inspection.

Not picking a side but do see similarities.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Yeah, registration is required if you intend to drive the vehicle on public roads. That is all. Consumers do not need permission from a .gov agency to BUY/POSSESS a car.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OT Warning

...the PURCHASE of vehicles is not regulated at all...
    In Texas, purchases, specifically the mechanisms of purchase for new cars, are highly regulated. Look at how Texas has treated Tesla.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    OT Warning

In Texas, purchases, specifically the mechanisms of purchase for new cars, are highly regulated. Look at how Texas has treated Tesla.

They are just protecting us from the dangers of buying directly from the manufacturer...

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Yeah, registration is required if you intend to drive the vehicle on public roads. That is all. Consumers do not need permission from a .gov agency to BUY/POSSESS a car.
    What do consumers have to do with the discussion? The issue of this thread whether the OP likes to admit it is that suppressor manufacturers are hurting because of poor sales figures due to pending legislation. Manufacturers, not consumers.

Imagine that, federal regulations that affect manufacturers. Some car companies survive, some don't. Boohoo.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    He's saying the pending federal legislation regarding Consumers are affecting the manufacturers. The consumer is a part of the discussion.

If there were some pending (de)regulations on the manufacturers, there may not be a drop. Might be an increase because consumers would be in a frenzy to buy while supplies last.

Top Bottom