• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    I picked up my LR-308 AP4 and will be heading out to the range today...

Here's a pic of my blackie:

LR-308AP4.jpg

Once a get a few goodies in, I'll post the updated pics..

BTW:
    Thanks to Shiloh Shooting for taking care of the FFL for me. Like always, you guys make it a pleasure to do business with...
    Capitol Armory ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    1250 eh? not to bad!
    geez i need to stop buying guns and buy a car....
    ahh ta hell with it.
    more guns.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    looks good, i wanted an LR-308, but my wallet got to the best of me...

how did she shoot...?

Thanks! Yeah, I sold one of my ARs to get her... As for shooting, keep in mind I have limited experience shooting rifles.. I sighted my scope in with a laser bore sight then fine tuned with some wally world federals, 150gr. at 100 yds. I had to make some adjustments to my scope and mounts. Then went after it again with the federals. Got it where I wanted, then I switched over to Hornady's SST 150 gr, which is the round I'll be hog hunting with this weekend.

Here's a pic 6 rounds of the Hornady's:
    308100yds.jpg

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Nice looking rifle, and good set up. I'll bet it's a tack driver. Just when I thought I was over BRD

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Oh yeah, I've been wanting a LR-308 style for awhile now; a rifle that I would feel comfortable with when hunting hogs and deer. If you guys ever get down to Houston, let me know. I'm about to get signed in with Greenwood Gun Club, up to 600 yds. and we can tear up some paper or shoot at the "gong" that is at 350 yds...

shellshook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Austin
    Nice shooting.

I have one, but haven't taken it to the range, yet.

How bad is the recoil? and what was the scope that you are using? I need to get one in the near future for mine, but more pressing bills dictate waiting :). I don't know whether to get a cheap one or spend an SKS worth on a "nice" one.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Nice shooting.

I have one, but haven't taken it to the range, yet.

How bad is the recoil? and what was the scope that you are using? I need to get one in the near future for mine, but more pressing bills dictate waiting :). I don't know whether to get a cheap one or spend an SKS worth on a "nice" one.

Thanks... The recoil is next to nothing compared to a long rifle, but noticeably more to an AR-15. The scope is a Nikon Prostaff BDC 3-9x40mm (Academy $169.00). Went hog hunting last weekend; Works pretty good at night, but you do get reflection at 7x +. I might end up with a 50mm down the road to see if that might help.

shellshook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Austin
    I hadn't considered Nikon. I'll take a look at them. I was looking at some $450 range Luepold scopes. Thanks for the comment on the recoil. I have an M1A in .308 and was afraid with that little plastic stock it might be painful.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    I hadn't considered Nikon. I'll take a look at them. I was looking at some $450 range Luepold scopes. Thanks for the comment on the recoil. I have an M1A in .308 and was afraid with that little plastic stock it might be painful.

Leupold makes really good glass.. If you plan on spending $450.00, you'll pretty much get a great scope with a lifetime warranty.

A friend of mine broke his back several years back. The largest long rifle he can handle is a .270. He shot my LR-308 and was really impressed of the lack of recoil it has.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I have an M1A in .308 and was afraid with that little plastic stock it might be painful.

The M1A shoots fairly soft, but you can take it even further by installing a muzzle brake. It's threaded on the end of the barrel, so you just remove your factory flash-hider and install the brake. You'll also have to switch your front sight over to the brake as the muzzle attachment is the front sight rail.

Smith Enterprises makes a good one, the factory Springfield muzzle brake is another option. Mine had the factory brake on it. It's installed on the California guns to make them legal.

You may want the tool to make it easy, Brownell's has them.

On the AR10s from Armalite and DPMS you can buy a Miculek style brake, which is by far one of the most effective brakes on the market. Be forewarned that muzzle brakes increase the noise and concussion CONSIDERABLY.

Top Bottom